Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

calling cops-update

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

My neighbor called the cops on her upstairs neighbor.  The story is the upstairs neighbors were being super loud so she banged the cupboards and the neighbors went apeshit. i heard them threatening and something about a bald bitch and how she will get whats coming to her.  so according to her she went up stairs to say sorry and they threatened her saying she is lucky they didn't beat her and again she is going to get whats coming to her.  the police were called. what would you do in this situation?  I am afraid now

Update....I am the "neighbor" i am just embarrassed and afraid to say so. i banged the cupboards 3x and they went crazy. (they bang and thunk at night and tonight was way worse than normal)  they said i was messing with their family and that that person will get there's.  i am embarrassed and ashamed but no one can threaten me. yes i was passive aggressive but threatening to beat me is not ok, that is illegal.  I am going to talk to apartment and hopefully move out..  the police said they will have to right me up for banging 3x on the wall which i have spoke to the neighbors about( but they didn't bc the neighbors threatened me. ) they said they would beat me.  I love my apartment but cant live live this.  other than move do i have options? thanks

Should i move out, talk to the apartment company, is it my fault even though they threatened my life.  your opinion? 

The Apartment management is letting us do month to month so if things don't improve or I still dont feel safe once this all blows over we get to leave.  This isnt the first time the cops have been called on them (1st time was not related to us) The manager said they talk mean but are actually not.  The manager also said not to blame myself because neighbors were way off base.  Thank you for all the replies.

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Just stay in your apartment. If the cops knock and ask, tell them what happened. You have to live by both of them, so if they don't ask, I wouldn't tell.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lydi
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM

see new post. i was embarrased and afraid to admit truth

Quoting Robsessed98:

Just stay in your apartment. If the cops knock and ask, tell them what happened. You have to live by both of them, so if they don't ask, I wouldn't tell.

brieri
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Don't be afraid to tell the truth - it is better to be truthful than to lie.  However, what you gave in your opening was more of an opinion based fact and that is not a lie.  Dont be embarassed.

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Embarrassed about what?? We all have our moments. Did you ever consider walking upstairs and asking them politely to keep it down? Ultimately your safety and your child/children are most important. So if you want to move in order to feel safe and you have the money to do so than go for it.

Why would the police "write you up" for banging in your own wall?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I would stay there.  They were being noisy first.  I guess people don't like it when it's done to them.  If something were to happen at least you know who did it.  

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM
It's not going to get better I'd move
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Can you move to another apartment in the complex.  One the furthest away from the neighbors?  If you can break the lease AND be able to I would see if you could do that just for safety reasons. 

The next time you have loud neighbors just go up and talk to them about the noise level.  If they insist on being loud then go talk to the manager.  It's up to the manager to quell all problems with noise, etc.

ghostcat90
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Do you have other neighbors? I know when I lived in an apartment, my neighbor's dog would bark from the moment I got home until my neighbor got home (about 8 hrs).  Neighbor thought I was the one who complained but I actually caught him and asked him to take his lunch break to come home and bring the dog to me (he worked across the street).  Finally, one night, everyone in our building was outside trying to figure out where the dog was...the next day they had a notice on their door to get rid of the dog or to move out....I never complained until the guy's girlfriend came back and brought in 3 more dogs.  I lost it then because she would stick them on the porch to use the bathroom and deny it when I confronted her about it.  Anyway, the point is, document and go in force about the issue.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:11 AM

hugging

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)