Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Process Server?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 16 Replies
How do u go about choosing a process server? Im currently googling process servers in my area. Would u consider a private server more reliable than waiting on the state? How much does it roughly cost?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I would try calling the courts.  They must have a list of processors they can reference. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM

They have to be licensed..

How much does it cost to get papers served?

Process serving rates can vary from case to case and state to state. Same day or rush serves are typically billed at a higher rate. The cost of a routine serve (a serve that is first attempted within 5-7 days of receiving the papers) can be as low as $20 and can go up to $100, but the national average is somewhere between $45 and $75.

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Thank you!I will most certainly call them for a list.

Quoting steviechick:

I would try calling the courts.  They must have a list of processors they can reference. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. Here in NM though, they don't have tobe licensed, they just have to be 18 or older & not apart of the court case. My pre-paid attorney told me that.

Quoting brieri:

Process serving rates can vary from case to case and state to state. Same day or rush serves are typically billed at a higher rate. The cost of a routine serve (a serve that is first attempted within 5-7 days of receiving the papers) can be as low as $20 and can go up to $100, but the national average is somewhere between $45 and $75.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I didn't know where you lived.  I foud my information when googling About Process Service.  

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

Thank you. Here in NM though, they don't have tobe licensed, they just have to be 18 or older & not apart of the court case. My pre-paid attorney told me that.

Quoting brieri:

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I know lol that's why i mentioned where I lived. NM has weird laws and such :)

Quoting brieri:

I didn't know where you lived.  I foud my information when googling About Process Service.  

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

Quoting brieri:

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM
CA is same way. I never paid anyone

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

Quoting brieri:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Call the court clerk or an attorney's office and get a couple of names. They are usually quicker, especially if there are multiple addresses for who you're serving. Idk how much they charge now. When I was a paralegal it was usually 45 plus mileage, but that's been awhile.
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:24 PM

So u had someone u knew serve him?How did that work out? One of my friends did offer me to serve him papers, but I just don't want any heated conflict....

Quoting conniejo75:

CA is same way. I never paid anyone

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

Quoting brieri:

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Here is a bump for you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)