Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Cry Out for Help!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:11 AM
  • 6 Replies

Here is the deal, I am a single mother, I currently live with my mother, which we are not getting along, in the past my mom has hit me because we have got into arguments and I am scared to death that will happen and I do not want my son seeing it. She is emotional abuse, I cry myself to sleep at night. I had to move back home after I was pregnant because me and the baby's dad broke up, he is not in the picture at all. I do not have any funds to pay for my own place nor do I have anyone else to live with. I am in need of advice, I am not sure what section 8 housing is or if I would apply. I currently get food stamps and wic. I am just stuck and I dont want to be stuck living in an unhealthy environment. If anyone knows of anything that can help me please let me know, I live in East Tennessee.

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Contact your food stamp worker and they can refer or give you information about the housing program in your area. It has been for years the voucher program stopped but you have to ask cause some places may still be able to give them out or put people on the list.

Why are you not working?

How old is your child?

If your Mother is emotional abusive to you and has hit you, your son will pick up this habit. If you have no other family you can go to, try your local shelters.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:11 AM

First of all I would file for child support to see if you can get it. Secondly, do you have a job? You need to get out of that environment. Did you get your taxes back? Can you look on craigs list or put an ad up on there to see if you and another reliable single mom can rent a house or an apt? Have you even bothered to ask friends and family if you ca stay with them until you can find another place? It takes a little bit of effort to get out on your own. Do you have child care for the baby? Go to your TN's department of economic security website to see if you qualify for any help. good luck

steviechick
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

You have great advice already.  I hope you get the help you deserve and  need.  Hugs to you!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Here's a bump for you!

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM

little flowerwelcome to the group. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Welcome! The other ladies said everything I would have! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN