Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Organize? Chores? Quality time?

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 3 Replies
Hey Strong Independent Moms!!! I'm a single mom of a wonderful 3 year old. I work full time and commute about an hour from work daycare and home. By the time we are home lil man is starving. I try and get him snacks on the way but hub the time we get home he wants a real meal with pasta or rice. I usually meal prep on Sunday so lost of the week we just reheat the food or cook something fast to add to it. How do you find quality time with your lil ones during the week? How do you find time to do the chores around the house? He helps out as much as he can (brings his plates and drinks to the kitchen, picks up most of his toys) I usually end up falling asleep with him, even if I take an espresso at 7pm. Yes I take an espresso at 530am, 2pm and 7pm just to have enough energy. I'm guilty of just sitting on the couch sometimes with him while he just watches tv or plays on the iPad. I want to spend this time doing arts and learning crafts and educational stuff but I'm too tired. What time do you all get up? I get up by 5-5-30 and wake him up by 6, usually he wakes on his own at this time. How do you organize chores and to do list?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

If you have the weekend off, do all your chores as much as you can during the week and give him the time on the weekend.

steviechick
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I normally did my chores when my daughter fell asleep or once I put her down to bed.   When she was three she went to bed by 8:30.  I gave her a bath and red her bedtime story.  Baths seem to tire out toddlers.  I did my kitchen cleaning.  Dusting and laundry came on the weekends when I had more time to do them and when my daughter was playing in her room.  During the week I was on a tight schedule.  I used that time to spend with my child.  It was the best quality time we both had.  Dishes take 10 mins to clean.  Dusting and vacuuming can take 15 mins to do.  Laundry - depending on how much you have.  Once its in the washer/dryer you have the time to use to play or do whatever. Just schedule yourself accordingly.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM

For me I do light cleaning during the week after he's gone to bed and then do the rest on the weekend.  I only get a few hours with him each night after work/before he goes to bed during the week so I try to make the most out of them.  I save the house work and my homework for school until after he goes to bed, even though that sometimes means cutting down the amount of sleep I get.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN