Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Just a little flabbergasted.....

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 19 Replies

And I dont know really what to think. My girls father wasn't ever stable, was very controlling, and etc... Well my now seven year old made accusations about him over a year ago, had a protection from abuse order put on him, but has expired last month. He finally got  a hold of me through facebook and pretty much told me he'd gladly sign his rights over just because he's happy, and doesn't have the energy to fight anymore. Which before hand the only reason we fought was because he'd threaten to take the girls away from me just because I'd have my neighbors watch them instead of someone who was certified (or because of something else stupid like that), and that would get me boiling. And I can understand him being concerned, but dont threaten to take my kids away from me.

Should I really see if he will sign over his rights? Or maybe I should just let the situation drop?

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Unless you are remarried abd your husband adopts the courts will not likely even allow him to sign over His rights. If he doesn't use his visits that's his choice.
Serenitymom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Unless you are remarried abd your husband adopts the courts will not likely even allow him to sign over His rights. If he doesn't use his visits that's his choice.

Oh, I've heard about fathers giving up their rights to the child. I dont have a man in my life, that's why I was like huh?

soulofsunmama
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:52 PM
My sisters ex is signing his rights over, because she's releasing him of all back and future child support to get him to do it. He will still be allowed in the kids life if he chooses (he's hit or miss) but now can finally move wherever she wants.
Shes not remarried, and they are allowing itthrough the lawyers.
We are in texas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenitymom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM

See and that's how I would like to have it. Have all my freedom, but I wouldn't trust him being alone with the girls. I wouldn't mind them skyping or talking on the phone as long as I could hear it. But with the case that is going on, I dont want him to try and convince her to say or do anything so I was told not to allow contact until the attorney decides what he's going to do.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

My sisters ex is signing his rights over, because she's releasing him of all back and future child support to get him to do it. He will still be allowed in the kids life if he chooses (he's hit or miss) but now can finally move wherever she wants.
We are in texas.

soulofsunmama
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yea, for sure!!!

I just said that all matter of fact,lol, but in all reality its been years of horrible abuse, him taking everything from her ( including her 3 kids for a year, the house SHE grew up in, and so so SO much more).....finally its been years past all that, and she's strong, kids are great, and the timing is finally right.
Don't EVER lose hope, or strength to keep your fight, things WILL work out for you!
Sending you tons and tons of positive energy mama!

Quoting Serenitymom:

See and that's how I would like to have it. Have all my freedom, but I wouldn't trust him being alone with the girls. I wouldn't mind them skyping or talking on the phone as long as I could hear it. But with the case that is going on, I dont want him to try and convince her to say or do anything so I was told not to allow contact until the attorney decides what he's going to do.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

We are in texas.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM
It is not in the kids best interest to leave them legally fatherless esp so that tax payers can then support them. Courts rarely do this if the mom is single. There's just no point. Exceptions are made in abuse cases. If a guy could do this and get out of child support then they all would do it.
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM
And it makes no sense to terminate rights but to allow him to see kids. If thats the case she could just waive all back support if he gave her permission to move.
soulofsunmama
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
there is not a single tax payer that is supporting my sisters kids.
Not one.
And *some* circumstances do warrant this excessive step.
And yes, sometimes there is a point.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

It is not in the kids best interest to leave them legally fatherless esp so that tax payers can then support them. Courts rarely do this if the mom is single. There's just no point. Exceptions are made in abuse cases. If a guy could do this and get out of child support then they all would do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM

You can possbly try to ask him give up his rights not to pay you support but not necessaril have his rghts signed over as a father, this in essence says you will not allow him visitton.. This wll give yoou permenent custdy of the chidren and should anything happen to your children ,you are the sole parent to handlin them you canot ask him for any type of help or assistance.  And cannot apply for any type of assisance if you become unemployed. or welfare if need.

Serenitymom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

This is an abuse case -.-;

I think he wants to give up his right because he doesn't want to be charged as a child molester

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN