Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some help from other divorced Mom's!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello Mom's,

My name is Jenna and I am a divorced mother of 3. They are 6,7, and 9 years old. I am looking for other woman who are divorced and going through the same challenges as I am....

Is there anyone out there who understands what it's like? How do you handle him treating you like sh** for his girlfriend? Talking bad about you?

Thank you,

Jenna

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
princesscayte
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Hello, I'm nineteen and have year old twins. Im separated from my husband. He found someone else he decided he wanted to be with. He moved her into a house he had suposedly bought for our family. I've been living with my parents, but at the end of this month I'm getting kicked out because of legal issues. I can't afford a lawyer to file for divorce and legal aid has a waiting list that goes on forever. It's frustrating and he gets to be happy living his life with his house car and girlfriend with no responsibilities to his wife or kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Welcome. Thankfully I don't have to deal with this.

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Welcome. You can't control what he says or does, but you need to make it a point to never speak badly about him to the kids. My ex bad mouthing me to our dd is one of the reasons she doesn't even talk to him anymore.
Francess33
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Wow! What a lowlife! Sorry you're going through that :( 

Quoting princesscayte:

Hello, I'm nineteen and have year old twins. Im separated from my husband. He found someone else he decided he wanted to be with. He moved her into a house he had suposedly bought for our family. I've been living with my parents, but at the end of this month I'm getting kicked out because of legal issues. I can't afford a lawyer to file for divorce and legal aid has a waiting list that goes on forever. It's frustrating and he gets to be happy living his life with his house car and girlfriend with no responsibilities to his wife or kids

~~Do what the fuck makes you happy~~ 

Francess33
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Five years ago when I began my divorce my children were 8, 10, and 12. It was so hard because he was immature, self-centered and only cared about himself. His string of girlfriends (including the one he had an affair with) bad-mouthed me ALL THE TIME! It was very hard but gave me the thick skin I have now. I have a new appreciation for myself because it showed me my strength, resolve and determination. 

The way I look at it is: The only way to build muscle is through exercise and practice; same for building your inner strength. Practice. Don't stay down. Keep getting back up. Believe in yourself and don't let the negative attitudes of people that DON'T MATTER define you. Your children are watching you and how you deal with life; they are the ones that matter. Good luck!! 

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
My ex and I were friends during our divorce. Even carpooled together. Then he met someone new and treated me and his kids like crap.

Quoting I.spit.glitter:

Hi Jenna, I have 3 boys and I just started going through the Divorce. I know we won't have that issue because we do still have a mutual respect for each other even though we're splitting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
surviving123
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this

The day after I caught my husband of 15 years cheating I was at my best friends house crying. She said one thing that has stuck with me thought a horrible divorce and custody battle. She said "you don't have to tell your kids that he is an ASS...they will figure that out for themselves". She was right!! They see the truth and they don't resent me for bad mouthing him...

LilShamrock
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Be the better person, even if it means biting your tongue! (I've bit mine so much that 1/2 of it gone and I stutter now... :) )

And always kill 'em kindness and smile nicely 'cus they will never know what you're really thinking behind that smile...

Sh sh am.... Bahahahaha!
cholita1978
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM
You are not alone, xhusband would say horrible things about me (his now xgirlfriend told me) after they broke up. Im pretty sure he talks crap about me to any new girlfriend he gets, i just ignore him and keep contact with him to a minimun.
I just know im a good mom, not perfect but i do take good care of my dd, so keep your head high girl :-)
steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I can't stand my ex and won't even talk to him if he and I were in the same room together.  My ex  cheated on me for three years while he was active duty.  Fathered two kids in the process, embezzled money from me and snuck furniture from the house and gave it to the tramp he's now married to.  I don't need to bad mouth my ex in front of my daughter.  He's done enough to us for my daughter to cut the viper off probably forever.   My ex is a dispicable human being.  He's evil personified.  IF he wants to have anything to do with our daughter he will have to go to therapy and be in therapy in order to spend anytime with our daughter.  I won't have it any other way.  Had my ex just divorced me when he started his disgusting affair, I don't think our lives would be any better.  He uses people and treats them with utter distain.  It's a good thing we have only one child.  I wouldn't want another child to go through the same pain my daughter feels.  She has enough damage from her father to last for the rest of her life. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)