Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating rules? *PIOG* *UPDATE*

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so this may seem like a crazy question but as far as dating goes when you 1st meet someone and decide to go out who should pay? I met a guy about 2 nights ago at work and we exchanged numbers and we've been texting off and on. He's 25, no kids, not married and he is a security supervisor for a company. Anyways, he texted me last night and asked me when we were going to chill so I'm thinking about going to the movies this weekend because I want to see Tyler Perry's new movie "Temptations:Cofessions of a Marriage Counselor"? We haven't made solid plans yet but I was wondering some  things?

Thing is I don't date or go out. I forgot how the rules work. Paying for things and just being a gf in general. We are just talking so we'll see where things go but I mean its been 8 yrs and I am not a 15 year old anymore you know? 1st outing should you go Dutch or the guy pay? I've never been comfortable with guys paying for stuff anyways because my mother taught me if you allow a guy to pay for things he'll expect something in return (anyone ever heard that?)

Does this post make any sense? lol I am sleep deprived after working all week and only sleep 2 or 3 hours a day. I should be sleeping right now but I got home this morning and took a 2 hour nap before clocking in and so now I'm not sleepy but 9pm comes quick so I guess I'll just lay down and rest my eyes or something? Thanks ladies.

UPDATE: So we ended up texting last night and I ended up texting him and asking him what his definition of "chilling" was and him if going to the movies was cool. He texted back with lol and of course. So we're on the same page I think.

Do people go to the movies on Sundays? He called me last night on my lunch break and we talked. He doesn't smoke or club and he only drinks socially. He doesn't have a FB and he has 2 jobs. He says he is a security supervisor and then he works for the Central Prison. I wonder why he has 2 jobs if he has no responsibilities? Maybe debt? IDK. I don't know enough about him to know if I want to go out tomorrow night but we'll see I guess.

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
dom3269
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM
If it's a date, then HE pays. But still bring backup money with u. If u guys r going just as friends (if ur not interested in him but he might be ib u) do not let him pay, pay for urself. That way u can avoid sending the wrong messags
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dom3269
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Im sorry, but i Do Not recommend this. If u pay for him in the beginning u set the precedence for the relationship. U r the woman and...HEllo...its ur first date! The man should def pay. Have fun!!!

Quoting mytrueloveS:

I always pay for him and myself if it's a date.  I hate guys paying for me, it makes me feel obligated.  Maybe that's why guys didn't stick for long.  Anyways, I say pay for yourself and him, then he can get the popcorn or something.  Have fun and don't stress it.  

dom3269
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Im sorry, but i Do Not recommend this. If u pay for him in the beginning u set the precedence for the relationship. U r the woman and...HEllo...its ur first date! The man should def pay. Have fun!!!

Quoting mytrueloveS:

I always pay for him and myself if it's a date.  I hate guys paying for me, it makes me feel obligated.  Maybe that's why guys didn't stick for long.  Anyways, I say pay for yourself and him, then he can get the popcorn or something.  Have fun and don't stress it.  

Ali32
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I think he should pay for the date but bring money just in case he doesn't. If he doesn't offer to pay I think that says something about his character.  If he works at a prison, there may be a good reason why he doesn't have a FB page. He may not want ex-inmates and/or their family to look him up or something. But it is still kind of strange that someone that age doesn't have one. Do you know his first and last name? 

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I know his first name not his last name. He says he doesn't have a FB because he had too much drama from people in his past and back home.

Quoting Ali32:

I think he should pay for the date but bring money just in case he doesn't. If he doesn't offer to pay I think that says something about his character.  If he works at a prison, there may be a good reason why he doesn't have a FB page. He may not want ex-inmates and/or their family to look him up or something. But it is still kind of strange that someone that age doesn't have one. Do you know his first and last name? 

Ali32
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Get his last name before you go anywhere with him. If he is hesitant to give you his last name, run. 

Quoting SexyDiva19:

I know his first name not his last name. He says he doesn't have a FB because he had too much drama from people in his past and back home.

Quoting Ali32:

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:01 PM

lmao thanks for the advice. :)

Quoting Ali32:

Get his last name before you go anywhere with him. If he is hesitant to give you his last name, run. 

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting Ali32:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM
I would have money with me just in case. Even if he had issue in this past back home, he could still have a FB page, he just have to know who to add to his contacts and who not to. If this was my situation I would get to know him more before going to dinner or movies, and would suggest a coffee or smoothie place for the first date, so we could talk and interact more, than say at the movies where both will be more interested in seeing the movie than talking.
Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting Ali32:

ImaSoulMom
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:40 PM
He should pay but bring money to pay for yourself and cab fare in case he gets wierd. Try to have fun but don't settle. You know the kind of man you deserve.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:02 AM

So I ended up texting him and he told me what his last name was but my thing is how can I look up. I usually go straight for FB but he doesn't have one lol

Quoting Ali32:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting Ali32:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)