Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Anyone single and pregnant?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 9 Replies

Im 19wks preg and my boyfriend moved out about a month and half ago. He makes me so confused he wants to take care of the baby, name it, help me with doctor bills, he has come over a few times when i invited him to eat and twice he asked to come over for some "personal" time lol when we were together he didn't want sex at all so i'm not saying no now haha. he will call almost everyday just to see how im doing the baby and my 6yr old son are doing. but it's very like stale kinda not romantic an he doesn't act like he loves me which he told me he didnt when he left because I kept bitching because he has an online gf in mexico.

anyways he is very nice to me but when i call like when i'm lonely need support he doesn't answer the phone or text me back. I am pregnant and alone and I feel like falling apart and i just need some support when i need it not when he feels like it.

it is very confusing because idk what the future holds if hes gunna be with me when the baby comes or if he's just going to come over for the baby and idk if hes ever going to love me. i feel like i'm stuck waiting to see whats gunna happen meanwhile i'm emotional and need somebody to care about me like the father of my baby should be because he was the one who got me pregnant and wanted a baby with me...

i feel like the relationship is not going to work out whatever relationship we have, if he can't talk to me let me know what he's thinking, what he wants, i want to have a man that loves me and puts me first i have so much love to give but i'm pregnant with this mans child and i really don't need to be thinking about trying to find the right man seeing whats happening in my life right now, but i feel like i'm in jail w a baby in me and the dad is holding the key.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tyfry7496
by Janet on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I'm not but I was. From experience, stop calling him. Learn to rely on family and friends because if he really wanted to be involved he wouldn't have left and he sure wouldn't have a gf in Mexico.

It will hurt but you can do it. If he wants to be involved HE has to make the effort and do what's needed, including paying child support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I was and still am single. I had my baby 3 months ago and the father is not involved. He said he would be but we don't even talk anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Stick to the idea that he's not going to be around for you.  Maybe for the baby.  You're single, don't call or text him, and absolutely no "personal" time.  You're just hurting yourself with false hopes.  

ImaSoulMom
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Focus on taking care of you and your baby. I know it hurts but he doesn't seem committed. Try talking to him less and not inviting him over. That way when he does call or come over, it is because he wants to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
us.mex.fam.of4
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM

good advice thank you all so much :)

veganistic
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Sounds like he's just "Doing his duty" as he sees fit, but certainly no, he doesn't love or want to be with you (besides sexually). Sorry mama, focus on your fam, not this guy. Good luck and hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Hang in there and take one day at a time.  You have to do what is best for you and the baby.  I hope everything works out for you.

kels1023
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I was literally in the exact same position. (At least as of paragraph 3 then I stopped reading) lol

We broke up for a month when I was 16 weeks pregnant

We got back together and things have never been Better. I'm a strong believer that what's meant to be will always be. I know it's cliche and corny but its true. Try and stay strong and keep your head up. I know it sucks right now but it will get better
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Welcome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)