Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I wrong?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 24 Replies
Hi, now I'm a single mom of a 4yr old boy. My son will be 5 in June. I'm only 21 going to be 22 in June. Now as I am young with a 4yr old. I wanted to know am I wrong. Now my son father dose nt do anything for my son at all. He say its because of me. I never told him he couldnt be in his son life. The only thing I did say was that he can not take my son any where. Now I dont want you to think that I'm wrong for that. So this is why I told him. I told him he can not take my son no where because befour I had my DS he keep telling me end it. So I didnt. So when I got to were I couldnt end it. He started saying he was gone to kill me to kill my DS. So after I hadhim he said he wasnt his baby. We did a DNA test and everything. So now my son is 4 going on 5 and his SD (father) has only seen him 6 times. Not do to me but to himself. But what I wanted to know is am I wrong for not letting him take my son? He tell me when we talk he dont want any kids or want to be a father. So by him telling me that it makes me really scared he would do what he wanted to do back then to him now. But what do you think?
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms-superwoman
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

He says that he isn't in his childs life because of you, to make you feel bad. When in reality he is just a loser. No you're not wrong, I wouldn't let him, take him either. If it was that important to him he would have taken you to court for visitation. Or at least showed up to see him.

Keela222
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ms-superwoman:

He says that he isn't in his childs life because of you, to make you feel bad. When in reality he is just a loser. No you're not wrong, I wouldn't let him, take him either. If it was that important to him he would have taken you to court for visitation. Or at least showed up to see him.

Thank you.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM
If he's not even trying to take you to court to get rights then do what you want.

If he truly was trying to be a dad I'd say it was wrong not to allow him to take him (if he was a stable individual) but he doesn't try so don't worry about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Keela222
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Quoting faerie75:

If he's not even trying to take you to court to get rights then do what you want.

If he truly was trying to be a dad I'd say it was wrong not to allow him to take him (if he was a stable individual) but he doesn't try so don't worry about it.

Thank you.
isabellamarley
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this

No, you are not wrong. Until he can be trusted with your son, he should only have supervised visitation.. just  my opinion.

cnkmama
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Hes a stranger to the kid. Your kid shouldnt go off with strangers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Keela222
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Quoting isabellamarley:

No, you are not wrong. Until he can be trusted with your son, he should only have supervised visitation.. just  my opinion.

Thank you thats what I tell him we could do but he dont want to do it so whatever.
Keela222
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Quoting cnkmama:

Hes a stranger to the kid. Your kid shouldnt go off with strangers

Thank you I told him he is a stranger to him.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I would just stop talking to him.

Keela222
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Quoting virginiamama71:

I would just stop talking to him.

Thats what I'm going now me and him have nothing else to talk about.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN