Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My life as a single mom

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 17 Replies

My life as a single mom has been hard and pulling through now.I was married to my husband Denny for 8 years and was good to me.He was a great bio father to my daughters Alexis and Hayley.I lost him on December 28th,2012 in a car accident.Cop drove in my driveway knocking on my door,let him in and he had me sit down telling me the bad news.Told me my husband was killed in a car accident.I was tearful crying my eyes out and the cop comforted me.The cause was easily found,brake hose blew apart and it was my husband's longtime friend Bruce's truck.They were coming home from work when this happened and Bruce said he had no brakes.Luckily the shop that worked on the truck was found at fault,completely ignored the blown brake hose.Bruce survived with a left broken leg.The support has been great,from his family,my family and friends.Alexis,Hayley and I have something in memory of him.We each have a ring of his around a necklace of his.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ImaSoulMom
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CassieJ13
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I remember the funeral,it was on Jan. 3rd,2013 and I knew he had a favorite song he liked a lot which was played

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ujS1er1r0

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Oh gosh, I am so sorry for your loss.  (((hug)))

CassieJ13
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I had a song played at the funeral to remember how he was good to me.He never put me down reminding me I always was strong and was this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRyhr1mGEhw

vlr4x4
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I lost my husband in October 2010 when I was still pregnant with our first.  Please if you ever need to talk don't hesitate to PM me...It is a long road to walk, just keep putting one foot in front of the other every day.  I'm so sorry  :(

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM

hugs

CassieJ13
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I have the support from my family,his family and and friends that have helped us out a lot.I am taking my time moving on and don't plan on going on the dating scene yet

achavez219
by Abby on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM

*hugs* I am so sorry for your loss :(. I know that what you and your daughters are going through isn't easy but it does get easier eventually. It's taken almost 2yrs for me to get used to being without my dh of 9yrs & raising our dd's alone.  You just have to take it day by day.  Having a great support system helps so much! Always remind your kids of the good memories you all had :) I'm here if you ever want to talk :)

achavez219
by Abby on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss too :( you're right tho, it is a very long road to walk especially when kids are involved

Quoting vlr4x4:

I lost my husband in October 2010 when I was still pregnant with our first.  Please if you ever need to talk don't hesitate to PM me...It is a long road to walk, just keep putting one foot in front of the other every day.  I'm so sorry  :(

CassieJ13
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM

It was not easy at first,It is getting better.We see a family therapist every Friday how to cope with this.I did find a support group for Alexis and Hayley too,for kids that lost a parent and they like it making new friends.I am talking getting back in the dating scene in November seeing how everything goes.I am also in a support group for widows and widowers and I have learned how to move on making new friends also that understand what I have been going through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)