Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

everything is daddy.

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:30 AM
  • 4 Replies
Last time DD saw her dad, she was 1. She is almost 2 1/2 now. She randomly brings up the daddy word. She calls everything daddy, including myself. I am thinking that she obviously doesn't know what daddy is, i just don't know what to do.
A few nights ago my teacher called and she started asking if it was daddy and if she could talk to him. DS remembers daddy but he was almost 4 when he saw him last, he is now 5.
I don't know what to do, or if there is anything i can do for DD. Trying to get in touch with their dad is not an option because i don't even know how to reach him and i have already tried getting him tho be apart of their lives but he gave that up over a year ago.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Lurion
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Could you show her a picture of him at least? Maybe give her a simple "here's your daddy, who helped me make you. He is not able to take care of you right now but Mommy will always be here and I love you." 

It's heart breaking, I know. I gave my dd the same speech, adding that he is really a great guy but just didn't work out between us. When she was 6 she started bawling and said "If he's such a great guy, how come he left me without a dad?" 

momma1708
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I will try that.
DS says that his daddy is a jerk. I really hurt for my kids

Quoting Lurion:

Could you show her a picture of him at least? Maybe give her a simple "here's your daddy, who helped me make you. He is not able to take care of you right now but Mommy will always be here and I love you." 

It's heart breaking, I know. I gave my dd the same speech, adding that he is really a great guy but just didn't work out between us. When she was 6 she started bawling and said "If he's such a great guy, how come he left me without a dad?" 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:42 PM

That's really pretty normal at this age.  I have a friend who's son has only seen his "daddy" once in his life and he's doing the same thing.... some of it might be because of what they see on tv or hear other people talk about but some of it is truly just the age and not really knowing what it means.

cnkmama
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I think its a phase. My daughter does this a lot and it's so annoying!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)