Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Tell Me About Your 2013 Easter?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

My Easter was ok.  I'll be honest, it started off bad.  First, a family member of mine came around and decided to bring negativity with her. Then, we had a late start and miy son missed the Easter egg hunt at our church. Thank God that the kids were friendly and gave my son some of their Easter eggs.  Afterwards, I try to get along with my relative by apologizing for any possible wrongdoings that I have done and by saying let's try to get along for my son's sake since I know he would like to spend Easter with you as well.  Well, she told me that my son can stay with her, but I can leave like she doesn't care for me to be around.  I told her that's not going to happen since I'm not willing to have an Easter without my son.  Then, she started being a drama queen again so I left.  After I left, we ate KFC since I was not in the mood to cook.  Then, my son and I painted eggs which was very fun.  We visit other family members as well.  Now, we are just watching his favorite cartoon Bubble Guppies.  I hope my lovely single moms had a great Easter so, Happy Easter ladies.

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Our church had an extra Easter service on Saturday night to help with overcrowding on Sunday so my son and I went to the Saturday night service.

We hung out at home Sunday morning and I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.

We left home around 2pm to go to a nearby town. I let my son pick where he wanted to eat so we ended up at McDonald's. He ate while I sat and watched him.

We met up with his dad around 4pm and I've been alone since. :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tsmommy106
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I took my son to breakfast with his daddy & grandma. Then church, where the incense gave my son a headache :( we spent some nice time with my family at my grandmas. It was a good Easter. Although Easter is better sweet. My grandpa died 5 years ago & Easter was the last time we were all together so it saddens me every year.
MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM

WOW....I spent Easter with my family...only I didn't get to eat Easter dinner....my siste hurt her shoulder about 2 weeks ago so I've been spending weekends at her place to help out. We did the big easter dinner and at 6:15; 6:20..my mom (she's in college for something to do with medicine) announces she's got an online class at 7pm. Yours truly missed dinner as I fed my sons first. We packed up and went home. Since we did the big dinner thing at my sister's place I figured my mom had made easter dinner for home. She didn't. I decided to go to Chipotle...turns out it was closed. OY. I came in, had a pb&j sammich and watch both Bubble Guppies and Team Umizoomi with my babies. Happy Easter! LOL....and for the record...mom did apologize this morning and asked my sister to save me some leftovers. LOL

s.osborne
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM
It was AWESOME! My son and my niece both won for their age group at church for most eggs found. We went to eat afterwards because it was also my.moms birthday. Then we went home and opened presents. Great day!
lovemybabes3
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM

my ex had the kids...me and my boyfriend went to a cemetary to look at a mausoleum and see harry caray's grave since he's a big cubs fan...we hung out w/ his sister and brother in law and kids a bit 

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Im sorry u got into an argument with ur relative, but at least u & ur son did ur own Easter eggs :). Mine was ok. Went to service, had dinner afterwards. Dd is just getting into solid fun so it was fun to watch her eat lol. I put plastic eggs into her Easter pail. Im glad i did because she was trying to eat them lol.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM
We had a great Waster weekend with family and friends!!!
Diamond2010
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Sorry I looked at this late, but sorry for your loss.  Glad your Easter was ok though. 

Quoting Tsmommy106:

I took my son to breakfast with his daddy & grandma. Then church, where the incense gave my son a headache :( we spent some nice time with my family at my grandmas. It was a good Easter. Although Easter is better sweet. My grandpa died 5 years ago & Easter was the last time we were all together so it saddens me every year.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM

A nice quiet Easter for me and my daughter.  I made a ham dinner and we watched the NCAA tournament. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)