Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm a single mom but still in a relationship with me babby daddy am I crazy????

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

So for the last 4 months I've been raising my 6 month old daughter on my own. My baby daddy is a newly sober alcoholic and when he went to rehab in December I told him he couldn't come home until he had a job and I could see he is working a program. Well he got a job and now is working a ton of hours (80-100/week). I'm glad he can finally financially help out but we NEVER see him. He has time for meetings and his sponsor but not for us. He is the love of my life but I am so tired of being a single mom. I asked him when he would be coming home and he had no idea. I want to give this relationship a chance but man I'm so over being alone all the time. Am I crazy for being in a relationship with someone that is figuring himself out and not able to spend time with us????

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM
6 moms liked this
Most counselors recommend that a recovering addict wait a year after sobriety before getting into a serious relationship.

As hard as it is, he's doing what he needs to do to stay on track for his health.

Being a single mom is difficult but you've got to recognize that he's doing what you demanded of him. He's trying to figure out a new "normal" for him, without alcohol. It's a HUGE life change.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not worry about him spending time with you and the baby as much as I would be concerned about him following thru with his treatment program.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Well which is it? Do you want him sober or not?

I understand your feeling as if you're in it alone but he is newly recovered and needs the support. He needs meetings and his sponsor and your support too. Once he is strong in his sobriety, he hopefully can be what you need. Maybe try al anon meetings?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newlife2013
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:07 AM
You are in a tough spot, unless he stays sober he will never be in your life and you don't want it any other way, hang in there and provide the support he needs if you do want him to stay with you.
RaevynEvermore
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:10 AM
You want him sober, working and in a program and then get upset when he can't see you? Be supportive, root him on. He's doing this for you, your baby, and himself and he's not going to let busyness get in the way of his sobriety
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN