Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 9 Replies
I am a single mother to my 3yr old son, I have not had a real relationship in 3yrs, I feel like I have everything I need yet all I can think about is having someone to share it all with. But I don't even know how to get out there to mingle or even approach a man plus I have little free time as a single mom
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I don't date... no free time & can't afford a sitter for all 3 of my kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trystenMom3
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Do you get lonely? How do you deal with it
charmgirl
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't even seen worth it to me.
charmgirl
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM
It doesn't even seen worth it to me.
ImaSoulMom
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM
4 moms liked this
Well, I suggest finding fun things to do with your child and hobbies so you are fulfilled as a person by yourself. I think we tend to settle or find guys that aren't worth our time when we look. Especially when our kids are so young. A man in our city was arrested for molesting his stepson. He said he saw her son then saw she was a single mom and that'show he chose.

I know it gets lonely but we now that we are moms, our kids come first. Find happiness within yourself. Make sure your child is old enough to talk before having them around any man. If you are using a dating site, don't put pics of your kids. You want them to see you and be interested, not your kids. Have your fun but be sure this is someone who loves YOU before meeting your kids.

Do not listen to silly women who tell you to introduce them right away to "see if they get along". Idiots. If the man loves you, he will try to bond with your child.

Just be careful but focus on you and your little one first. These are years we won't get back. Plus, most of my older single mom friends would go party and date, leave their kids with mom or whatever. Well, they didn't find anyone and now the kids are older and push the mom away. A man is not guaranteed, no matter how hard you look. But your kids are here now. If it is meant to be, it will happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trystenMom3
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Thanks" You are so right about all that, males me feel better :)
easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Hugs!

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:20 PM
If you're ready to date, you just need to juggle things and make time for it, then put yourself out there. Have friends set you up, join a single parent's group, try online dating, go to church. There's plenty of single men out there everywhere you go. Just keep your eyes open and when you see one you're interested in, don't be afraid to approach him.
trystenMom3
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I tried to join a single parents group not for a man just thought I could learn new things like on here but I couldn't find any groups around my area

Quoting Robsessed98:

If you're ready to date, you just need to juggle things and make time for it, then put yourself out there. Have friends set you up, join a single parent's group, try online dating, go to church. There's plenty of single men out there everywhere you go. Just keep your eyes open and when you see one you're interested in, don't be afraid to approach him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN