Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So I said a bunch of stuff and am now stewing!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 22 Replies

So I told my ex to stop playing with my head, that it is rude and hurtful etc. we made plans to get together  (seemed liked we "may be") interested in each other again. Well, I guess it was only me cause after a day of making the plans, he is all of a sudden busy and can't come now.  I jumped down his throat a bit and then dropped it.

I am really sad and feel disappointed again.  Plus, he is taking our son for 5 days for spring break so I will be alone to sit and think about it! Ugh...

Please no bashing...having a real hard time and trying to move on!

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Take a deep breath and no one in here is gonna bash you. Trust me...we've ALL had moments with our ex's. Take to heart that the man is playing with you and your emotions....he'll only get away with for so long as you allow it. Not saying that's what you're doing or bashing you I'm saying that's what will happen..use the time your son is gone to focus on you..what do you like to do? When's the last time you did something for YOU? Movies, shopping, hanging out with friends???? Alot of times we single moms spend sooo much time focused on the children (I'm sooo guilty of it) that we neglect focusing on US (I'm UBER guilty of this)...sure you'll miss your baby boy but if you figure out NOW how to occupy your time; it WON'T be occupied with thoughts of your ex. I truly hope this helps.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM

hugs  I'm sorry.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Try something new, so you will not feel lonely.

tottaxi
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

This is not a bash, but something that I have observed.  You've posted this same sort of thing a few times on another forum.  Hon, you are setting yourself up for disappointment over and over again.  You've gotta stop.  Move on.  You deserve better.

mommyRojo
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I am disappointed over and over. I just don't know how to let go and just drop it, let him have the last word etc.  I am having a hard time just closing the book and walking away...I am letting him still control my feelings and actions.

Help!

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM

april fools.  Hi and welcome to the group/

jessi2girls
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Time to go out there, get yourself out with some friends, go shopping and have a girls night out and forget your ex..  He's not worth it and YOU are far more deserving of someone better!

MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

To quote Dr. Phil..."Why are you waiting on HIM to do something that  affects the rest of YOUR life??" You speak your peace and let THAT be IT. Don't just close the book....SLAM that sucker shut and toss it in the fire for good measure.  Try this...stop talking. No more long drawn out conversations...keep it to and about baby boy and that's it. If he calls wanting to talk about the 2 of you hang up, if he sends a text, don't respond, if he tries to send a message through baby boy let him know its inappropriate and then stop talkin. Watch how quick he moves on when he realizes...

A.) You're SERIIOUS

B.) You're NOT takin the bait and fallin for his foolishness

and

C.) He can't get a rise out of you ANYMORE

TRUST ME....been there, DONE THAT and GOT THE TSHIRT TO PROVE IT...wanna see??? *HUGS*..

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Quoting mommyRojo:

I am disappointed over and over. I just don't know how to let go and just drop it, let him have the last word etc.  I am having a hard time just closing the book and walking away...I am letting him still control my feelings and actions.

Help!

HyperMom38
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

You have to decide that no matter how much you love him, you love yourself more.  You and your child deserve more than a guy who would play head games with you and string you along.  Realize that as long as you engage in the game he is playing you get hurt and he seems to enjoy having you on "the hook" so to speak.  He is keeping you from moving on (finding a nice guy) and enjoying your life and living it to the fullest.  Stay away from him and don't talk to him unless it has something to do with your son.  PS- These headgames some ppl play are a form of mental abuse IMO.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN