Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

single, working mom's, how do you do it?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 13 Replies
Hello, I am a single working mother and my daughter is with her dad every other week. When I pick her up for my weeks I feel like it's just to drop her off with a babysitter so I can go to work. I feel like I'm missing so much time with her. It's getting harder for me to do it. I keep wanting to just Call in sick but I know I can't. I can't afford to ask for less hours. I'm feeling so much guilt lately, I just want to be around her more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Doesn't dad work too? Its just par for the course. Make the most of the time you do have free with your child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hairyshari
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM
No he doesn't work, he lives with his grandparents and helps them around the house. I do make the most of my free time with her but it doesn't feel like enough time
Sj218
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I completely understand. Just because its how a lot of us working single moms feel, doesn't make it any easier. I try to make sure that my son and I have plans for our weekends together. Between school, daycare and sports plus my time at the gym, I feel like I don't really see my boy all week. I make it a point to lay down with him at the end of every night, we call it pillow time. It's our special time to talk about the day. It's amazing what he will share with me during those 10-20 minutes. You're not alone mamma. You'll find a routine that works for you and your kiddo.
hairyshari
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Yeah, she sleeps with me, so at the end of the day, even though she's sleeping, it's nice to hold her close and know that during the night nothing can keep me from her.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I agree with make most of the time with her when you are with her 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM

It never feels like we have enough time, does it?  (((hug)))

Glad you're here.

owl0210
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM
It's quality of time not quantity :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM

april foolsHi and welcome to the group. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!

MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I liked this answer so much...I have to divide my time between 2 sons..one of whom has special needs. My youngest son likes to sit next to me on the couch while we watch their favorite cartoons...he started climbing and the next thing I knew one evening he was workin to climb up next to me on the couch. I asked him.."you want to sit next to mommy?"...I watched him huff and puff and finally get up there and get comfy and he answered..."YES!"...we've doing it ever since. Makes me smile inside and out.

My oldest (the special needs child) can't talk yet so I spend time sitting with him and talking to him...the way he meets me eye to eye lets me know he's hearing every word I'm saying and I thank God that he'll be talking SOON.

Quoting Sj218:

I completely understand. Just because its how a lot of us working single moms feel, doesn't make it any easier. I try to make sure that my son and I have plans for our weekends together. Between school, daycare and sports plus my time at the gym, I feel like I don't really see my boy all week. I make it a point to lay down with him at the end of every night, we call it pillow time. It's our special time to talk about the day. It's amazing what he will share with me during those 10-20 minutes. You're not alone mamma. You'll find a routine that works for you and your kiddo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)