Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need some advice?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 2:48 PM
  • 2 Replies
Hello Everyone,  I am a single Mom and I'm forced to take my Kids father to Child Support.  The court first ordered him to $80.00 bi-weekly for my first 2 children.  After my littlest one was born,  I added him on to the case.  Now because he has a way better paying job, he is now ordered to pay $435.00 bi-weekly.  Because he throw  a temper tantrum in court.  The judge lowered it to $350.00 bi-weekly.  He was so upset that he keeps trashing me in court and while we are outside of the courtroom waiting for paperwork.  He keeps insulting me and embarrasing me in front off all to see.  The good thing about all of this is that ,I am of coarse happy with the results of the case.   However,  the judge ordered us to go back in February, I believe its because she is concerned for him and wants to see how hes getting along, since he said,  He might as well quit his job and go on welfare.  What would you do in this case?  The judge is obviously going to order the support to be lowered again in February, since he knows how to manipulate in such a smooth way.   He keeps insulting me.   Anywhere and everywhere we are and it makes me feel so aweful.  I'm finally starting to feel better about myself and he is just keeping me down  emotionally.   I wish I never had to see or speak to him ever again.  But with 3 children how can that be possible.  HELP!!!!!!
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
youngwidow
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 3:40 PM
Hmmm...take someone with you if possible to run blocker.  Try to file a PFA so he cannot verbally abuse you or come too close?  Have all your ducks in a row.  BE sure you have all of your expenses listed out and don't be afraid to say that you do need help to raise your children!  You never can tell which way things are going to go.  Maybe if it does not go in your favor you could file an appeal and ask for another judge?  Also, if you just can't make it, file for an increase.  I believe you are allowed to do that so many times a year?  Good luck.
Heavendove143
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 5:21 PM
Hello Young Widow,  Thanks for your reply.  I am thinking of taking someone with me next time.  Good idea.  I'm not sure what you mean by have all my ducks in a row?  and PFA?  I will take your advice about not being afraid to ask for what I need for my children. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)