Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help on finding and collecting owed child support payments

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 28 Replies

Dear Cafe mom's,

i have an 8 yr old, and single, i have been working 2 and sometimes 3 jobs to make ends meet.

I have filed with the courts child support, but the courts claim they can't find the father?

for 8 ongoing years, they can't find him to serve him papers, therefore, he doesn't have to show up for

appointed court dates, they can't suspend his driver's license, and so far he hasn't reported any income

tax to the irs.  i have limited income, does anyone have any advice for me, how to find this dead 

beat dad??????

thanks

mommi4life12

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theresa1966
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Do you know where he is at? If you do then give them the address. If you live in the good state of IL they suck at finding the dead beat dad's. I said my ex is in criminal court serve him there. No ......pretty much saying in so many words they said. My ex-husband owes me over 12,000 dollars.

joyfullem
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Here if they cannot find him you have to place an ad in the newspaper in the area that you last knew he lived in for 3 or 4 weeks and then you are off the hook.  However if he is not claiming an income then they cannot take it out of a paycheck they do not know about.  IF you do that with the paper they should be ablke to suspend liscense and issue a warrant... I live in SC where do you live?

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Did you get to know his family? 

After 8 years I would just try to get a better job, go back to school start a side legit business.

You have done alright all this time, have not had any contact with him for 8 years so keep keeping on without help from him. 

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Google him, ask his family and friends where he is, get an old address and follow him through address changes at the post office (if you can find the right worker willing to help). If you have no luck, take all info you have on him and his ss# and have a PI track him through that. It will cost a couple few hundred, but when you find and nail him, it will be well worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM

My atty told me that there is a Lexus/Nexus program that most lawyers have.  They can look up anything about a deadbeat father by using his name, ss#.  Anything legal that comes up about the ex will be in the system (where he works, cases against him).  Call attys around your area and see if they have this program.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I would start on Facebook if you haven't already. Look him up along with anyone connected with him.

Look up information about reunions for his high school class to see if they have recent contact information.
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM
This. Through FB i was able to find where dd's dad was staying when he wasnt @ his own place. Look for status' he's tagged in with friends.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

I would start on Facebook if you haven't already. Look him up along with anyone connected with him.

Look up information about reunions for his high school class to see if they have recent contact information.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM

welcome spring.gif

Do you know where he last lived?  Try reaching out to to CSE 

Keela222
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Ok I'll tell you waht I did. Now my son dead is already on child support. But he dont pay it. Now as you know child support dont look on sites like facebook and twitter for men but they should. I dont know if you have a facebook or twitter or not. But type in his name and see what you get. Most people on facebook you can get there number off there. But if you cant. Look to see who his friends are that post comments and add them. Start taking to them to see if you can get info on him. I would start by trying a women with kids. Other mothers dont like for other mothers to be done wrong. I know thats alot to do. But sometimes we have to help child support get us are money. Good luck.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)