Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who do you invite? piog

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter is turing 6 in June. She's in Kindegarten now and can finally have a party where school friends come not just family and neighborhood friends. My  question to you all is this:

Do you invite the whole class or let her hand out invitations to who she wants?

I was originally planning to have a petting zoo come to the house but I recently lost my job so it's back to having a traditional party (cheap) party. I will be barbecuing for everyone (hot dogs and burgers) And it will be in the backyard, with water games and a home made slip and slide. Is possibly 20 kids too many to have over? I have 2 other adults helping me with the party and supervision. What are your thoughts ladies? Am I crazy?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
breebree04
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM

you are crazy!!!! lol jk. I dont invite the kids friends from school to their parties but thats because we already have a big family and then I invite their best friends and maybe some of the neighbor kids. If I did allow them to invite kids from school, I would only invite the ones they wanted not the whole class. 20 kids is alot but if you and two other adults can handle it then go for it. Sounds like they will have fun!

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM
The whole class will make for a big and very expensive party. Invite however many you think you can handle, but if you don't invite the whole class, don't hand out invitations at school and explain to him that he shouldn't talk about it in front of those who aren't invited.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM

At that age I was still having family parties for my son's birthday cause he thought everyone to him was a friend.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM

You can inviite the entire class, knowing that not the entire class will be attending.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)