Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Stupid move...vent

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

Am I the only idiot who gives people a second chance only to have it bite you in the ass? I didn't give my ex a second chance but a friend from the past. I'm so pissed at him and myself. We had feelings for eachother when I first met him in college. Made out a few times, then he ends up getting married and leaving on deployment. Comes back a few years back and is divorced. I was in a relationship that wasn't going so well and there was still attraction. Anyway he gets involved with an exgirlfriend, they end up getting married and they eventually move away. Now about 15 years later catch up with eachother on facebook. I'm single and he's overseas and tells me he's separated and just hasn't been able to file for divorce while he's deployed. We talk and find that we still like eachother and have always wondered what could've been. Says he's unhappy and I brighten his day, so happy I'm back in his life yada yada yada.

He tells me he's coming back end of March for 14 day r&r. He wants to see me and we've been having some heated texts. Anyway, I more or less told him that his wife was a fb friend so I knew about some things he hadn't told me about people in his family. I check my fb and see he's dedicated songs to his two stepsons, which is sweet. Then another post has him dedicating a song "Woman Like You" to his wife and it says how if they weren't together he'd be looking for a woman like her. Well obviously he wasn't so unhappy to dedicate a song like that. He was going to contact me when he got in. I texted him that we shouldn't talk while he's with his family. I made sure to mention his wife's name. He hasn't talked to me since.

It's just been stewing in me, I decided to email him and just lay it all out, had he just been screwing with my feelings while he was bored or what? The chickenshit hasn't responded. I just wish he would've been honest with me it just really pisses me off that I thought maybe something could've happened and he was full of shit. Sorry this was so long.angry

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Just forget about him.

Just remember about a man --If he is still married but not happy, living separate, unable to file for divorce, holding on for some reason we cannot understand he is not the man a single woman needs in her life. He is carrying too much baggage, do not add your bag to his load, cause he will not be able to carry much more for long.

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I know, I'm just pissed at myself for falling for that crap. I should know better, I've seen it happen to some of my friends. I just feel like an idiot.

twinsmom2001
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Guys lead women on ALL of the time.  Whether they are single, married, separated, whatever.  Don't feel bad because you trusted someone.    If we live with our guard up all of the time and don't let people in then we will never experience real love.

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Just be glad you found out he's a dickwad before you saw him again. I know a lot of people disagree, but I would let the wife know what her piece of shit husband is up to. She deserves to know what she's married to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Forget him about him.  He's not worth anything to you.

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Thanks ladies. The worse thing is I haven't been looking to be in a relationship. I just wanted to focus on my son for a while and then this happened. Hopefully I don't make this mistake again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN