Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Taking kids to court..

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so I recently lost my job and I have a court date for child support modification tomorrow. I can't find anyone to babysit and it's early release day tomorrow so I wont have anyone to pick up my daughter when she gets ouit at 1. The hearing is at 12:30. Have any of you ladies had to bring yoiur children to court? There is a little waiting room outside the hearing room, and she can sit out there if need be. She's 5. Im just worried because her father never comes see her and I dont want her to feel sad not being able to go with him after the hearing and seeing him after hes been gone. 

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Replies (11-14):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I would try not to if at all possible, especially if it's going to upset her to see him. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I wouldn't see if maybe a friend of hers can take her or reschedule
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I would try and ask a mom of your daughter's best friend to watch your DD while you attend court.  I think if you try and reschedule you will have the same problem - finding someone to watch your child.  Not every case starts at the time you expect it to. I'm assuming your DD is in Kindergarten which means she has morning k-garten. Instead of coming home to you ask your friend to meet your daughter at your home, etc.   It's best to keep her away from any drama that involves her daddy.  He's already been absent from her life. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Were you able to figure anything out? hope it went well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)