Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

problem of a single mom

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM
  • 19 Replies
Has anyone had to deal with a boyfriend not being able to deal with their child's outburst!? First off if need be a would chose my son over anyone! This man just doesn'tuunderstand that my son is a normal 3yr old & until I joined this site I didn't either but reading everyone's post has made me realize I am not the only one. Maybe he just doesn't have the patience for my son but are there men out there that will have more patience for another man baby
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM
3 moms liked this
If he doesn't have the patience I hope he never babysits. Toddler boys are at the greatest risk of abuse from boyfriends. I don't think your BF likes your kid a bunch. Time to rethink the relationship. He does not understand kids.
Seximama89
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Well my daughter is 3 and my boyfriend loves her to death . She throws some pretty bad tantrums sometimes and yes they stress him out as they do me also . But he tolerates it and still loves her and he's usually easier on her than I am . Thank God he's that way I don't know how I would handle it otherwise.
lovemybabes3
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM

my bf thinks my kids are crazy lol (i have 5 kids)...he loves them and is wonderful w/ them but he thinks all kids are crazy and his sisters kids are way worse then mine...my bf cannot have children so he doesnt really know first hand except for his sisters kids but he was also raised w/ a very strict and abusive father...good thing though, my bf is NOT abusive...he has never hurt my kids, he does raise his voice if the kids arent listening to me, but for the most part he tries to get the kids to listen to me...he has watched the kids and i have never had a problem, he has been really great despite the fact that he doesnt like the tantrums and stuff

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM

My ex thought tantrums weren't normal and I was a crappy parent because they happened.  He's an ex and my son has since grown out of it.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Some people just have no clue about what is normal behavior for kids at various ages/stages and it's due to ignorance/lack of experience. Others just aren't meant to be parents. Others just don't know how/want to parent someone else's kids. You just have to figure out where your boyfriend fits.
Tinkergirl1997
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:39 PM
What's normal? Who ever you have in his life needs to enjoy your son and most of his characteristic not try to change perfection!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Tantrums are normal how they are handled is what matters you are a package deal so if he can't handle the kid then y'all need to rethink what's going on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trystenMom3
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Thanks everyone your comments really help
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:43 AM
My oldest ran a couple of guys off with her tantrums around that age I just figured of they couldn't deal with my kid, I cpuldnt have dealt with them either and was glad I found out sooner rather than later.
Tea4Tas
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:29 AM

My So is better than anyone with my kids. But he was a house parent for troubled teens for years. He is amazing with my kids (and over indulges his own kids)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)