Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Moms Are Bad A$% comment

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 25 Replies
10 moms liked this

Somebody on the cafemom's website said this comment below is ridiculous and that being a single mom doesn't make you more special than other moms. I'm not saying that I am more special. However, I am saying that being a single mom has made me more strong and courageous.  Do you think this woman should have been offended by this comment?  What do you ladies think about this comment?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bella14308
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I whole heartedly agree with the pic comment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM
5 moms liked this

I play one role, the one I was meant to play and that's Mom. No matter how hard I try, there is no way in the world I could ever take the place of their father.

NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM
6 moms liked this
Eh...I don't agree. I think all moms have their challenges... personally I think being a single mom is easier. I don't need anyone's approval...opinion...to do what I want when I want. My house is calm...peaceful...and I am only taking care of two kids...not a man who wants to act like one.

I'm also not a dad...can never be a dad. Just because I'm single doesn't mean my kids don't have a dad...
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Well my son thinks I'm a badass but I don't think it has anything to do with his father being absent.  I do participate in father's day activities with him though.  Last year I did father/son karate class and I was the only mom.  I kept up with class better than any of the men so he thinks I'm awesome.

cholita1978
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
3 moms liked this

I put it this way:I'm there for dd no matter what, my needs are second next to hers, my mentality/ priorities totally changed once i found out i was pregnant.

Her dad on the other hand, even after 6 years puts his needs first. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM
4 moms liked this
One of my pet peeves is when people say a single parent has to be both parents. We can't but we can be pretty awesome at the one we are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM
6 moms liked this
No, it doesn't make us more special or better than moms with a SO, but it does make us stronger inside, more independent and more bullet proof. Women who haven't been in our shoes have no clue and should therefore stfu. I hate it when people presume they know about a life they haven't lived.
Diamond2010
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Quoting Robsessed98:

No, it doesn't make us more special or better than moms with a SO, but it does make us stronger inside, more independent and more bullet proof. Women who haven't been in our shoes have no clue and should therefore stfu. I hate it when people presume they know about a life they haven't lived.

I totally agree.

Musiq_Junkie
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I don't consider myself to be both parents...most of my friends call me both parents, i'm not bothered by it tho. I just know being a single parent takes twice the energy, courage, & effort, especially if u work full time, go to school full time, or both, or go to school P/T & work P/T.but hey most people who know me call me supermom...I guess that's bad ass enough lol!

steviechick
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this

It doesn't take a bad-ass mom to be a mom and dad.  It takes one person to be a good parent. That's what we ALL are. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN