Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

potential father

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 20 Replies

I have been dating my bestfriend for 2 years.  He seems perfect, he loves my daughter, his family treats us as part of theirs.  However sometimes I feel like he doesn't love her as if she were his own.  He has a hard time showing emotion, to the both of us.  Honestly it feels awkward sometimes, he can go a whole month with out even making love to me. I get feelings off and on of breaking up with him.  Is it me? I suffer from bi-polar disorder. I never know if it's my mood playing games with me, or if I really should let him go and move on.  Also let me add this man has no ambition to get a "big boy" job.  Money means nothing to me, but he's constantly depressed about his job, and has a lot of anxiety.  yikes I need advice!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LLbaby143
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Ew leave. That's just my opinion but I personally want a real man...one with ambition and a stable and comfortable income. Money doesnt equal happiness, but its pretty difficult and miserable living under low income. Plus I feel like I have enough drama with my baby daddy and divorce and all that stuff for me to be with someone who has a lot of drama going on. Date up not down. It sounds like he's a loser, but you already realized that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Have you talked to him about all your concerns?
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Can't fix it if he doesn't know

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Have you talked to him about all your concerns?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I would sit down and talk to him about your feelings and go from there...good luck

fuzzy_britchez
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Thanks everyone. I asked him for a dinner date to talk.

fuzzy_britchez
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM

wait I'm getting anxious. Do I give him an optimatioum. Give him space. Take a break. Eeks.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I would just put everything on the table and go from there.  Tell him how you feel and see how he responds.  Good luck!

Maryloe
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Express how you feel
Tell him what you want
Praise him for any effort
If you feel you can not tolerate his actions reevaluate the situation.
fuzzy_britchez
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Is.. "you need to get your shit together, before my daughter and I can see you anymore" to abbrasive? I feel like I'm in the same boat as with the ex minus the abuse.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I'm sorry I just feel like this dude is additional baggage you don't need. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)