Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I have been dating my bestfriend for 2 years.  He seems perfect, he loves my daughter, his family treats us as part of theirs.  However sometimes I feel like he doesn't love her as if she were his own.  He has a hard time showing emotion, to the both of us.  Honestly it feels awkward sometimes, he can go a whole month with out even making love to me. I get feelings off and on of breaking up with him.  Is it me? I suffer from bi-polar disorder. I never know if it's my mood playing games with me, or if I really should let him go and move on.  Also let me add this man has no ambition to get a "big boy" job.  Money means nothing to me, but he's constantly depressed about his job, and has a lot of anxiety.  yikes I need advice!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
fuzzy_britchez
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I think I made this man sound horrible, but yet I don't want to make excuses. He does own his own home, and is responsible to pay all the bills. He has his bachelors in Business Administratives. He works now as the office/business manager for his families catering company that has been in business for 50 years. However he is incredibly underpaid. He takes really good care of me and my daughter. I've always teased him of having symptoms of aspergers.  I'd like to see him utilize his degree and make a wee bit more so if we were to marry we could live comfortably.  He knows this we've discussed it over and over and over. He also has noticed that his relationship with my daughter is just not right.  He sees that she has bonded more closely with everyone in his family but him.

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM
All relationships have their problems. The grass is always greener on the other side as they say. If he loves you and your little one, takes care of you both and has a family business and your only complaints are he's not making enough money and he is a little distant then I think you are crazy. I'd love a guy that tries to accept my kids as his, supports me, wants to marry me and helps his family business even if the money isn't exactly what YOU want. Just my opinion. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fuzzy_britchez
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Thank you. Sometimes I need to hear that

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I am a step mom and I do not love my step kids as my own. I do love them, but I have kids of my own and they have a mom. It's not a bad thing.
MamaAjax
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM

If you are Bi-polar and not medicated nor using something similar CBT than this may be partly your doing. (Bi-Polar myself. not being judgemental)

1st like moms have already said... talk to him

2nd make sure to use communication skills like

"I feel like it's...."

"I am worried about..."

'Sometimes it seems like.... to me..."

Make sure you are expressing your feelings and not accusing

chrissavoy
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM

If he has no ambition to get a job, run away, get a whole lot of gone between you and him.  men like that will only lead you down the wrong path..

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM
He has a job and has had it a while. She just thinks he should have another job that pays more.

Quoting chrissavoy:

If he has no ambition to get a job, run away, get a whole lot of gone between you and him.  men like that will only lead you down the wrong path..

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
If he's happy in his job and takes good care of you, why do you think he needs to get a better job?
fuzzy_britchez
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I wouldn't mind if he stayed where he is. He's an excellent manager, and I use him to help me run my small business. He's just not happy and it really takes a toll on me.

Quote:

Money means nothing to me, but he's constantly depressed about his job, and has a lot of anxiety.  yikes I need advice!

fuzzy_britchez
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Well I had the talk, and somehow got him to admit a ring is in the works.  I'm going to have to say it's my bi-polar that makes me feel like he's not committed. This man is way to sweet, and takes good care of both me and my daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN