Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Mother of 1 and 1 on the way

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hey Ladies,

I am the single mother of a precious 2 year old (3 in july) and I have another baby boy on the way due in July! I am really having a difficult time with life in general! I am looking for anyone who has been in my shoes! My sons have the same father who is a p.o.s! He is currently incarcerated and I have come to find out a full blown drug addict! I have never used or experimented with drugs therefore i dont know how that sort of life style is! However, I left this a*hole two years ago and he went to jail and got out in october, stupid me felt like maybe his 18 months in jail changed him BOY was I wrong. I am now finding myself in the same situation as before! He missed my son's birth due to incarceration and has only spend a total of may 3 months with him! Now I will be giving birth to my baby boy #2 by myself and going through that whole ordeal alone! I don't have him on child support or anything because I really don't want him having any ties to my kids! Has anyone had to deal with this and is their any advice on how to be a single mother of two with little help from anyone! I know its going to be a struggle but is it wrong that I am now trying to keep my sons father away from them? 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Welcome to the group. IMO if a father tries to be a part of his kids lives he should be given the chance - not only bc they are his too, but bc a child should at least meet their father, even if he's no good. If he doesn't stick around, at least when the child is older and wonders about him, they will know that he cared enough to try. I've known too many people who have never met their fathers and it does has a negative impact. You should file for sole custody of both as soon as the baby is born. With his record he would have supervised visitation. He also owes it to his kids to pay support whether he sees them or not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
singlemommieof2
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I get what ur saying about giving him a choice however bc of his record and drug use i fear for my kids safety! he is dangerous and my son has already witness somethings he shouldnt have! Thanks for the feed back!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM
My advice is don't have any more after this. I personally had a HARD time w 2 and honestly don't know how anyone can handle more than that alone. I know it can be done but I would t enjoy it much. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LnghrnFan
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Being a single mom is a hard job, and it sounds like you only want to do what is best for your sons....that takes a lot of courage and strength!  I don't know if you've ever considered speaking to a counselor, but I work for an organization called Focus on the Family, and a staff of counselors is available to speak to you free of charge.  I know they'd be happy to help in any way that they can!  You can find their contact information at http://bit.ly/1058JPF

Praying that you have the strength to face the challenges ahead!

rubiesworth718
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group, and good luck! :)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:53 PM

If he is in jail now cease contact with him. Eventually he will get out and end up going back so he will not be around much anyway. (unless he completely cleans up his ways)

singlemommieof2
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:01 AM

NO MORE FOR THIS MAMA! LOL I WILL BE GETTIN AN IUD AFTER I HAVE THIS ONE:)

singlemommieof2
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Quoting LnghrnFan:

Being a single mom is a hard job, and it sounds like you only want to do what is best for your sons....that takes a lot of courage and strength!  I don't know if you've ever considered speaking to a counselor, but I work for an organization called Focus on the Family, and a staff of counselors is available to speak to you free of charge.  I know they'd be happy to help in any way that they can!  You can find their contact information at http://bit.ly/1058JPF

Praying that you have the strength to face the challenges ahead!

i ATTEND COUNSELING!

singlemommieof2
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Quoting virginiamama71:

If he is in jail now cease contact with him. Eventually he will get out and end up going back so he will not be around much anyway. (unless he completely cleans up his ways)

no contact with him any longer, havent spoken since january! cleanin up his ways...I DOUBT IT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN