Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

No love life

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 25 Replies
I do not feel like I need a man to be happy, but I have been feeling lonely a lot lately. I have tried dating off and on the past few years with virtually no luck. I went on one date and it was awful (we watched the news...politics that I did not agree with) for an hour.

Really the only places I can meet people are work and dating sites. I can not go out often or late at night due to my babysitting situation. No one at work (that is single and willing to date someone with a kid) interests me . That left me to online dating...which hadn't worked out either

I have only had one official boyfriend. Ever. Then my daughters father, who i was never technically dating. I feel like I am destined to be a cat lady and die "alone"

Had anyone ever been in a similar situation? Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kkat117
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM
*Has anyone ever been in a similar situation.

Sorry fir all the grammatical errors, I am typing from my phone
trystenMom3
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I am also struggling with this.. its hard to get out there when your a single mom

Quoting kkat117:

I do not feel like I need a man to be happy, but I have been feeling lonely a lot lately. I have tried dating off and on the past few years with virtually no luck. I went on one date and it was awful (we watched the news...politics that I did not agree with) for an hour.

Really the only places I can meet people are work and dating sites. I can not go out often or late at night due to my babysitting situation. No one at work (that is single and willing to date someone with a kid) interests me . That left me to online dating...which hadn't worked out either

I have only had one official boyfriend. Ever. Then my daughters father, who i was never technically dating. I feel like I am destined to be a cat lady and die "alone"

Had anyone ever been in a similar situation? Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Have friends set you up, join a single parents group, get involved in a church group, try a different dating site. I'm like you and happy single, so I've chosen the fwb route for the first time in many years and its working out great.
JaSeaKnight3
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I was a single mom of 3 little ones, i dated a couple guys after my divorce (keeping in mind i was married @ 18 & prego), i divorced @ mid 20's. Any way i was like you & didn't know where to start. None of my dates worked well until my bro hooked me up w one of his friends. Been together 3 yrs now 4 kids combined.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I'm happy being single because that's about my option too and I work with all women if it happens it happens
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I was just wondering today if I will be alone for the rest of my life. (okay I was actually wondering if I'll ever have sex again). :(
sr6487
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM
OMG, I worry too about being a 'cat lady' w a drawer full of vibrators.
I have been separate from H since early summer 2012, and I have only been on one date. And, sexless for a year :(

I think about just finding a FWB, but that is super unlike me. I was w my H for 17 yrs...and never cheated.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:43 AM

If you continue to try and get out and makes friends and stay busy you will end up meeting someone.  That's the point OF finding someone.  Join church groups, go to meetup.com.  Check into DivorceCare.  You will meet new people (like I did) and more than likely make new friends via FB connections (like I did).  Sitting at home and feeling sorry for yourself won't help.  Get out even if it's by yourself.  Call your gf and get some GNO's started. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

i tried different dating sites and had no luck...did date one guy for almost a year, but in the end he was a flake...I gave up at that point and once i stopped trying i was introduced to my current BF, and we are talking marriage/kids!!

yellownes8
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I'm in the same boat...I'm a single SAHM so of 3 (I do in home daycare) so I'm sure my chances of meeting a man are slim. I have really been enjoying being single for the most part but there are nights I wish I had someone there with me. I'm sure you aren't destined to be alone...it will happen in time and when you least expect it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN