Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
I do not feel like I need a man to be happy, but I have been feeling lonely a lot lately. I have tried dating off and on the past few years with virtually no luck. I went on one date and it was awful (we watched the news...politics that I did not agree with) for an hour.

Really the only places I can meet people are work and dating sites. I can not go out often or late at night due to my babysitting situation. No one at work (that is single and willing to date someone with a kid) interests me . That left me to online dating...which hadn't worked out either

I have only had one official boyfriend. Ever. Then my daughters father, who i was never technically dating. I feel like I am destined to be a cat lady and die "alone"

Had anyone ever been in a similar situation? Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Replies (21-25):
kitcal78
by Gigi on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:53 AM
I am in the same boat. I can relate. Dating sites suck. Guys who are contacting me are out of state or much older then me (36) late 40s into 50s. I have decided to withdraw from the dating sites. Try some single parent support groups. Maybe go back to school for my masters degree.

Wish I had some advice for you. I'm coming up with the same ideas as other responders.
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Yes - I know what you mean about being a nice, good person who is full of love and wondering how other women who seem negative/controlling end up w the guys. Or the women don't appreciate what they have...I swear if I have to listen to one more woman whine about there generally good husbands trivial annoyances, I may scream. I would kill for a husband who washed the dishes, but didn't clean down the counters or took the kid to the appointment but made the follow up at the wrong time. Sorry to vent, but I am surrounded by women who constantly bitch. Disclaimer: I do know no relationship is perfect, you never know what happens behind closed doors and every partner/spouse is annoying sometimes. but for gods sake I wish they would just realize how blessed they are.

Quoting Childofares:

I have been feeling like that as well. Most of the guys I work with are all really young (23-28) and to honest even with the ones that are my age range, I'm uncomfortable dating someone I work with. I have tried a dating site for single parents but It seems that most men my age (36) are looking for super young girls. I was told by one guy to change a line in my profile because I put a few extra pounds instead of average but right now I AM a few extra pounds. 170 for me at 5'8 is true and I didn't want to lie. I packed on some weight when I had mono about 8 months ago.

I had the FWB for awhile but he moved to TN and to be honest, it just made me feel empty and sad when we were together more often than not. The thing that sucks is I'm truly a nice person with a lot of love that I want to give but I just can't find anyone that see's it. I am not aggressive or pushy and it seems that the men I am interested in always seem to end up with those types and then complain to me about how betrayed they are. Well yeah dumbass, you got together with a golddigger who only cares for themselves!

I'm just really to call it. 

fredstina
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I felt simular to that. I sat back on day at a park watching my Lil Ladys play. It just hit me ( I will only be this person at this point in time, once in my life span, I will only be this mom to these girls once in my life! *&^% men and dating Im going to be the best Mom there is because i can find a man at any age in my life (there are old people getting married in reterment homes lol. 

runofthemill99
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:24 AM

i have been doing online dating on and off for 6 years. i had a couple long term relationships and lots of duds. it does leave you jaded but i have not given up hope. :) until then i'm enjoying my friends and my family. get a routine going, hang out with friends, keep busy. 

BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Aww, you sound really down. Have you considered meetup.com for groups to meet people, not necessarily 'singles' groups but to meet new friends..who could possibly introduce you to people..they have hiking groups, mom & baby groups, check it out. chin up, good things happen to those who wait!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)