Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

please help

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hello,I hope that some of you can help m. My situation, my boyfriend and I got pregnant and began having problems the closer we got to the birth the better things seemed to get or I thought. After having our daughter things would go up and down. He works full time and I'm a stay at home mom. But even on days hes off hes out till 11 at night and never seems to want to do things with us. But that's besides the point, for the last few weeks we have faught none stop and I just cant do it anymore. I'm unhappy and hes unhappy. I told him I was moving because we don't need to be together just because of baby. The problem, I haven't work in 7 months now and all the money I saved was put to towards helping my boyfriend pay bills when I first stopped working. So the only option I have is to move back with my parents. They live 7 hrs away and my plan would only be to away for 3 or 4 months to save money andhavemy parents help with my daughter. That way I could save money to getmy own place and we could share time with her. But now myboyfriend is saying if we leave he will take me to court so I cant leave the state. So I will be stuck here miserable with no chance ofgetting out. Please help
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AWsMomma
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I am so sorry, I don't have any advise, just wanted to share a hug with you.....

arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Hmmm..

I would call a lawyer for advice on your situation.... To see what your options are

jenn31
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I would probably leave, than file for child support in the new state your in. It will be harder to slap a county restriction on you, if you are already gone

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM

this is not correct. She would have to meet the jurisdiction requirements in the new state (at least 6 months) before she could file. Some states are 1 year. He could file custody in home state and that would be a problem. OP-has paternity been established? You could always move and hope he doesnt file anything. Can you work nights and save some money?

Quoting jenn31:

I would probably leave, than file for child support in the new state your in. It will be harder to slap a county restriction on you, if you are already gone

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Call an attorney where you'll be going and find out what the residency requirement is to file for custody. Here its 3 months, but in some states its as long as 6. Find out if there's a way around it (most laws have loopholes). If so, haul ass to your parents and file for custody before him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mollymae09
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM
You'll have to find out the regulations in your states. Where I live, in married mothers have full custody and can move wherever unless the father has brought you to court and they put restrictions on you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I agree

Quoting Robsessed98:

Call an attorney where you'll be going and find out what the residency requirement is to file for custody. Here its 3 months, but in some states its as long as 6. Find out if there's a way around it (most laws have loopholes). If so, haul ass to your parents and file for custody before him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Quoting Robsessed98:

Ditto ^^.  Cross your T's and dot your I's.  I would also ask your parents to help out with atty's fees.  It's a small price to pay for the wellfare of their own child and grandchild.  Good luck!

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:53 AM
If u arent married and no custody agreement, he could take u to court but in all likelyhood he would not win. There is no established legal requirement for u to stay. I would move and file asap. If he files first, it just means u have to go to court there. It is not a fast process.... and u having no job or family, moving to you parents is the obvious place for u to go. I have lived in different states from my ex even after a court order and no judge ever told me I couldn't move, I just had to go through the process first. With you not having a CO established, he would have to file to fight you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Welcome!!!  Try calling social service and see if you can get any kind of housing assistance, cash assistance, etc...good luck to you!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)