Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should i Call Child Protective Service???

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM
  • 17 Replies
My Cousins and her friend stayed the night last night with us last night. My cousins friend has an 11 month old. While she was putting the baby to sleep i told her she should change him because he smelled liked he went poo. She said she will whenever he wakes up again. I told her he could get a really bad rash if she doesn't. She said it's OK that's what ointment is for. I just couldn't believe she was being for real. So i asked her if she would like me to change him for her. But she said no that she doesn't want to deal with his crying anymore. Can you believe that? She is on lazy mother! According to my cousin shes always like that. Wow....So i was wondering should i call child protective service? Or mind my own business?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumii17
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Idk if I'm making a big deal out of this.....?
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM
2 moms liked this
What else do y'all know? This alone wouldn't result in any action on the part of DFACS.
sallij
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Yeah, you are making a big deal out of nothing major, iMO. It's not something I would probably do, but its not something CPS would/should investigate.
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM
That is not worth calling on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Could it be that she's trying to use less diapers but is ashamed to admit that she's struggling financially?
mumii17
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Well while she was here she always put herself first...like when it came to eating dinner she ate first an then her kid...when the baby cried she just ignores him an tells him to just shut up...but the not changing the diaper is what really bothered me some :/

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

What else do y'all know? This alone wouldn't result in any action on the part of DFACS.

mumii17
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Your probably right...it just bothered me some... and the way she acts like she's annoyed to have him...but that's what i just picked up by her act...

Quoting sallij:

Yeah, you are making a big deal out of nothing major, iMO. It's not something I would probably do, but its not something CPS would/should investigate.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I think we all get annoyed with our kids sometime. But we typically hide it from others....

Quoting mumii17:

Your probably right...it just bothered me some... and the way she acts like she's annoyed to have him...but that's what i just picked up by her act...

Quoting sallij:

mumii17
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
If that's the case I'm more than happy to always help other mommas out...it's just her attitude towards her son that bothered me some.. :/

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Could it be that she's trying to use less diapers but is ashamed to admit that she's struggling financially?

mumii17
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:06 AM
I guess every momma has their own way of caring for their little one...i was just use to seeing alot of mommas changing their little one b4 bed that's just something i do, but i guess some are different ...

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

I think we all get annoyed with our kids sometime. But we typically hide it from others....

Quoting mumii17:

Quoting sallij:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN