Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should i Call Child Protective Service???

Posted by   + Show Post
My Cousins and her friend stayed the night last night with us last night. My cousins friend has an 11 month old. While she was putting the baby to sleep i told her she should change him because he smelled liked he went poo. She said she will whenever he wakes up again. I told her he could get a really bad rash if she doesn't. She said it's OK that's what ointment is for. I just couldn't believe she was being for real. So i asked her if she would like me to change him for her. But she said no that she doesn't want to deal with his crying anymore. Can you believe that? She is on lazy mother! According to my cousin shes always like that. Wow....So i was wondering should i call child protective service? Or mind my own business?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Replies (11-17):
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM
You have a right to be concerned but right now the baby is not being abused or neglected. CPS probably won't do anything.
tyfry7496
by Janet on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
As a mandatory reporter, I can tell you that CPS will not do anything for just this. They can't do anything about lazy parenting. You'd need a lot more for them to do anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I think this isolated incident alone won't warrant a visit, but if you were to know about more/worse incidents then yes. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Here's a bump for you.

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Over a poopy diaper? Really? I disagree with many mom's parenting choices, but I'm not going to call cps on them unless there is abuse or real neglect.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tottaxi
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

It is shitty parenting...no pun intending...and speaks volumes about this person.  As others have said, CPS is not going to act on something like this.  All I can really suggest you do is to distance yourself from this person...cousin or not.

witchybabymomma
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Honestly I doubt they would do anything in that instance

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)