Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I ugly or something? do I intimidate men?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 44 Replies

I cannot find a guy for the life of me. I have been single since Feb 08, while I was prego with my son (pictured). Am I really ugly and just have myself convinced I'm pretty?
Are they scared because I'm a single mom? Is the fact that men know I have a kid with autism what drives them off? I tried Christianmingle.com and had two guys say they wanted to meet me. But never did and than stopped messaging me outta no where and never replied when I asked about our plans.
All my friends have guys and they have kids. What is it with me that guys don't like?
This isn't a pity party. I really want to know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM
5 moms liked this

No its not you.  Men in general have no clue what they really want from a woman except sex.   And it wouldn't be good when you have your chilld(ren) in the center of the room for attention.  Dating sites tend to be the worse - you see one, you seen them all, just another guy perhaps with a different profile.   Christianmingle is one so easy to catch all you have to do is find out what church they go to and and... bang - go to it to find them. lol

yellownes8
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure it has nothing to do with looks...it's probably that you just haven't met the right man. It will happen when you least expect it I'm sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:34 PM
6 moms liked this

honestly...as soon as I quit trying I was introduced to my AMAZING boyfriend and we are now talking marriage and babies....givie it time...maybe stop trying (if you know what I mean).  Good luck hun!!

Jessica518
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM
No I dont think it has anything to do with the way you look. Its just not easy finding a guy. Hope you do find someone and are very happy :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StephanieDLewis
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I don't think its because you have a kid either. You just haven't met the right one yet :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I feel the same way most of the time but I also go back and forth on whether or not I want a man. Sometimes Im perfectly content with just me and the kids but sometimes Im not. I have only been in one relationship (lasted alittle over a year) since 2006 (maybe 2007). I have dated very little here and there but nothing comes of it. My grandma always says get out there and do something, what are you waiting for the right guy to come knock on your door (that would be nice) lol but its easier said than done. Guess I'll just keep waiting :)

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I give up on men often and try to sit back and be content, because everyone says one will find you, yet 5 years later no one has found me nor have i found him.

Quoting breebree04:

I feel the same way most of the time but I also go back and forth on whether or not I want a man. Sometimes Im perfectly content with just me and the kids but sometimes Im not. I have only been in one relationship (lasted alittle over a year) since 2006 (maybe 2007). I have dated very little here and there but nothing comes of it. My grandma always says get out there and do something, what are you waiting for the right guy to come knock on your door (that would be nice) lol but its easier said than done. Guess I'll just keep waiting :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel :( wish I had some good advice for both of us!

Quoting Jenn8604:

I give up on men often and try to sit back and be content, because everyone says one will find you, yet 5 years later no one has found me nor have i found him.

Quoting breebree04:

mamer12812
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm in the same boat and hope for the best and hope some day soon i get the right guy to come to me.

mamer12812
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

oh and your no where near ugly keep your head up high.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN