Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shouldn't I have met her by now?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 13 Replies
So single mom of 2 dd her father and I decided we weren't meant for each other we still get along keep daily tabs FaceTime good stuff. He's been dating a nice lady nurse more his age and when he has dd on the weekends she is usually available to be with them . I have not met or spoken to her in pictures you can clearly see that she looks after dd as one of her own. The three of them went to his mothers for Easter and enjoyed I noticed one pic of her. Kissin my dd and dd pushing her away on another note she also sat in the back seat with dd for the 3 hr trip. I have no idea what he's told her about me I can be assured its not sugar coated in thr least. I'm happy for his choice and her interaction with dd don't u think I should've met her by now? Something there would be weeks of him not posting a thing of his lady the
N my dd is mixed in she's there and they have a grand weekend. I'm not jealous I'm happy he found Someone it's what is said that I can't hear that is probably
Not true
More so I think we should've met by now kind of sill y to play these games. I've offered a Sunday afternoon picniclunch to get it out on the table so everyone was clear of any goings on any intentions that may need all of us present to decide
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Are you civil w dad? I didn't meet BM for months. Didn't want to cuz she is cuckoo. I've met her now and all is mostly fine but she acted a fool for awhile.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaHens3
by Martica on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:42 AM

That's weird he hasn't had you meet her, for real she seems nice and you seem glad he met a good person. If alls is all, why not have you meet her? Maybe he was a dick, and told her lies to make himself look better then he was. 

I met my bf as friends, and as time went on us getting more serous. I finally met his BM of his two kids, it was weird but after the first time was easier. He lives wtih me now bf, I've had his two kids spend a weekend with me and my four kids. An she has told him she likes me, is glad he lives with me and told him he seems happier. I had to talk to her when I needed to know the dose of meds for their daughter, and he was working one day he had them an I had them. She was fine talking to me, and I like knowing she trusts me. I've told my XDH's new wife, I trust her and she took it as a big compliment. 

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:59 AM
I never met my kids step mom until they were married. My ex has only met two of the people I have been with since our divorce. There were 2 more serious and other casual relationships over the yrs that he never met. I don't think there is a set time frame. It is up to your ex and his gf as to when they want to meet you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's that odd.
sunshine389142
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it is wierd either.  I have no desire to be around my ex's new girlfriend/fiance.

Why do you want to meet her?  He told you about her.  I figure that is a plus.  My ex didn't tell me about his gf until she was there at when I went to pick up my DD - and even then, he didn't say anything lol.  

Plus I have no desire to introduce the person I am dating to him.  I figure if my ex decides to stay in the picture with DD, the person I end up with will meet him at an event or something that involves DD.  I see no reason for a special awkward occassion.

yellownes8
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I would want to meet someone who was spending time with my kids. You should definitely insist on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

In my case I want nothing to do with my ex's new wife.  She broke up my marriage.  My daughter wants nothing to do with the homewrecker either and rightfully so.  As far as I'm concerned I could care less what my ex does with his life.  When I start dating I'm sure my ex will find out.  He will find out only by probably seeing me out and about with my future bf.  My daughter and my ex don't even see each other.  That's my life with the ex in a nutshell.

When my mom and dad divorced my mom never met my step-mom.  I know they would have liked each other.  My mom never had any interest in what my dad did with his life and who he married.  Just as long as my step-mom was a good person, I'm sure that's all my mom cared about.  Afterall, her kids were spending time with their father and he was remarried.  I would think in your case just as long as the gf treats your kids okay there's no reason to make an effort for you to meet her.  Now, had my ex not had an affair and we divorced based on irreconcilable differences I probably wouldn't want to meet my ex's gf.  I have no interest in what my ex does with his life.  Just as long as my daughter likes her and the gf treats her okay.  I guess I have my mom's mindset on this.

MariOfTheForest
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:20 PM
I do think you should have met her. You seem civil and drama free, and she has access to your kids. He might be afraid you'd be best friends and shut him out, ha ha. But seriously, I agree that it is time.
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM
How long has he been seeing her? Are they living together or talking about it? It would be nice if he introduced you, but apparently he doesn't want to for whatever reason. He's not required to do it, so I think you should just let him know you want to meet her, then let it go. It will happen when he's ready.
sid1083
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM
If you trust your daughter is safe with bd and seem happy with how things are going, I wouldn't push it. What would you hope to accomplish by meeting her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)