Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

C/Section Scared!!!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:16 AM
  • 19 Replies

Hi , Im Having A C/Section On April 9th And Im Very Scared. This Is My Frist Child And He's Breached . Just Wanted To Know What All Happens And How Bad Does It Hurt AfterWards?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Get up and WALK as soon as you can afterwards. Use a pillow pressed against the incision area when you're getting up.

Stay on top of the pain by taking pain meds on schedule whether you are hurting or not. If the pain gets away from you, it's a bitch to get back under control.

It's really not as bad as you are expecting.

My scar is basically gone except where the drainage tube was located. My son was born in 2005.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:58 AM
I agree. Don't baby your self or push yourself ton hard either. I had 2 c sections. The staples were removed the day I left the hospital. Good kick mama

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Get up and WALK as soon as you can afterwards. Use a pillow pressed against the incision area when you're getting up.

Stay on top of the pain by taking pain meds on schedule whether you are hurting or not. If the pain gets away from you, it's a bitch to get back under control.

My scar is basically gone except where the drainage tube was located. My son was born in 2005.
aidensmom0407
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I agree. This was the same advice I was given when my son was born April 7, 2009 via c-section. It's very important to keep ahead of the pain. I know it's scary but you're gonna be fine. I hope all goes smoothly for you and good luck!!!!

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I have had 2 csections 

One-wasnt planned   i didnt get up that much at the hospital when my son was born, so i paid for it afterwards.....move around as much as you can after the surgery.  after surgery take it easy....dont drive too soon

lovemybabes3
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:25 AM

i had 3 c/s...my first was an emergency bc my son wasnt coming down like he should have...that recovery was hard but surprisingly i didnt take any drugs to help w/ the pain but walking as soon as i could and as often as i could helped...i think i was better after about 6 weeks, 2nd one was easier to recovery from and they were twins, but this time i took some meds to help w/ the pain but recovery was maybe 4 wks and w/ my 3rd pregnancy, also twins, it was fast, less pain and id say in about 3 weeks i was good to go

steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I had a c-section with my DD.  I was on pain meds and took them regularly.  It hurt the first two weeks and gradually got better as I rested.  Take it easy but don't lay down as much as you think you should.  Don't be afraid TO move.  You are stapled shut down there.  Nothing will happen.  Moving helps alleviate the pain.  May I recommend you ask the obgyn to use a belt underneath your stomach?  I did.  I wore it several weeks after my DD was born.  My skin was pulled out so much that my lower abdomen hurt. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Never in this situation.

MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I'm with them. I had 2 c-sections back to back practically...one in 09 and 2010...as soon as I was able I was up an walkin around..hurt like whoa..but hey...it was well worth it. happy

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

I agree. Don't baby your self or push yourself ton hard either. I had 2 c sections. The staples were removed the day I left the hospital. Good kick mama

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

cnkmama
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Cool my son was a c sectoon april 6 2009!

Quoting aidensmom0407:

I agree. This was the same advice I was given when my son was born April 7, 2009 via c-section. It's very important to keep ahead of the pain. I know it's scary but you're gonna be fine. I hope all goes smoothly for you and good luck!!!!

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

cnkmama
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM
My first one I felt the whole thing...ouchie! Dr kept telling me be quiet while I was screaming. my ex ditched me so I was up doing regular things next day. Second one I felt it so I was put to sleep. It was horrible afterwards because the stuff I was on was strong and had my body itching nonstop the whole time I was in the hospital....kind of how drug addicts do. Omg try not to cough or sneeze or laugh it hurts like hell. But again I was in Shoprite and running errands the next day!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN