Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

when do they meet?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:40 AM
  • 11 Replies
When do you introduce someone that you are dating to your kids? does it matter if they have kids around the same age? Opinions....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:55 AM
4 moms liked this
When you both feel the time is right. If your just casually dating I wouldn't do it. But if you are more serious I would introduce them when the time was right.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I agree.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

When you both feel the time is right. If your just casually dating I wouldn't do it. But if you are more serious I would introduce them when the time was right.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM

this

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

kidlover2
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
What ever is right for you. I introduced my SO to my children 3 days after I met him to see how they interacted and get a feel as to how he relates to children. I made a good choice. :) they're madly in love with him and he treats them as his own.
kit_manson
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Honestly, I dont fully understand this. My son has always been around my boyfriend and I. He knew him before we were together, as a friend of mine. He lives in another town, so when he comes, he stays for a few days.

I'm not being an ass, I'm just generally curious as to why they wouldn't meet? 

brieri
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Quoting kit_manson:

Honestly, I dont fully understand this. My son has always been around my boyfriend and I. He knew him before we were together, as a friend of mine. He lives in another town, so when he comes, he stays for a few days.

I would say this is not the norm - because you have known the guy long before somehow.  Guessing.

MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I agree with this. I believe any man I'm interested in needs to know UP FRONT that I have children but the "whens" and "ifs" of meeting them is totally different.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

kit_manson
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Maybe its a regional thing? I don't know people who didn't know each other before dating.

Quoting brieri:

Quoting kit_manson:

I would say this is not the norm - because you have known the guy long before somehow.  Guessing.

klespeedy0205
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM
really? i have met guys, they have asked me out and we have gone to dinner and i didnt know them before that. i havent introduced them to my ds. i met a guy recently and we have been hanging out and dating. he has a 3yo dd. we have toyed with the idea of all of us getting together kinda like a play date. i am not sure. i feel as if it is too soon. just wanted opinions. i dont bring just anyone around ds.

Quoting kit_manson:

Maybe its a regional thing? I don't know people who didn't know each other before dating.

Quoting brieri:

Quoting kit_manson:

brieri
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

klespeedy0205 yeah I am among you.  Unless I knew them from school, neighborhood, or church, work or from friends/acquaintenances someplace from the past, etc.  I have not met all the world of guys and their names out there yet.  Just a select few.  lol. 

Quoting klespeedy0205:

really? i have met guys, they have asked me out and we have gone to dinner and i didnt know them before that. i havent introduced them to my ds. i met a guy recently and we have been hanging out and dating. he has a 3yo dd. we have toyed with the idea of all of us getting together kinda like a play date. i am not sure. i feel as if it is too soon. just wanted opinions. i dont bring just anyone around ds.

Quoting kit_manson:

Quoting brieri:

Quoting kit_manson:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)