Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Bad Dates

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 12 Replies

So i online date because i dont have any other way of meeting people really.  So I met a guy online and we emailed and texted for about a week.  He seemed ok.  Has a job, no kids, no ex wives, no criminal record.  So we decide to meet last weekend.  He lives an hour from me and there is alot more to do (so he told me) in his town so I said I would come there.  

The whole night before he's trying to get me to come up that night.  I told him I just got off work, just sent my girls off with their dad, I needed to get alot done at home, and frankly I was tired.  

So the next day I ask him when he wants me to come up.  He says he's not doing anything and I can come up whenever I want and we can hang out. So I head out about noon.  I get there and he says "Oh im in sweats cuz I didnt plan on doing much today"  Huh???  Ok.  Then he asks what I want to do.  I HATE that question.  I told him this is his town, so he can tell me what there is to do.  So he proceeds to drive me around for an hour jus showing me the town, which was nothing special.  We go to lunch.  Then he says he wants to take me to dinner at a really nice place (by this time i dindnt want to hang around till dinner but what the hell, i didnt have any other plans).  

So we go to his apartment and just watch tv and talk and this is where he proceeds to tell me all about his other failed relationships and how he has cheated on pretty much every girl he's been with.  Oooook.  Then he tells me about all the times he's been arrested.  He had told me he's never been in trouble (i checked on our states court record website) and I looked at him funny.  He said "Oh all that was in another state."  Good grief.  Now I am totally turned OFF.  Then its time for dinner.  The place was really good and nice, but he kept trying to get me to try his food and I didnt want to.  I dont like eating off other peoples plates and im a really picky eater.  Then he mentions we can go get a movie when we leave.  Its already 9pm and I still have to drive home.  I told him I couldnt stay because I had to go home and let my dog out.  LOL!  He was pretty disappointed but oh well!!  Then I got lost leaving his town and my GPS didnt recognize anything.  It was kinda scary but I managed to finally find the interstate and went home.  I havent talked to him since.  Anyone else have any bad date stories???

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajohnson08099
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Awww that sounds miserable. I know my ex promised me a romantic dinner and some fun.. we went to arbys and I paid and to a bar when I really don't drink. I wasn't very happy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM
its good you found all this out on the first date but would have been even better to know about it before you spent an hour drive to his home.
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I've had too many bad ones to pick just one to tell about. Its been a loong time since I've had a real date and have no intention on having one anytime soon. I've only been on my own again for 8 mos, so I'm going the fwb route for a while.
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Agreed!  I always have about 2-3 phone conversations with someone before agreeing to meet.  You can get a pretty clear vibe after a few conversations over the phone.  I don't like texting too much, it's much harder to read the person's tone and sincerity.

And OP, that really does sound like a horrible day!!  Sorry.  :(

Quoting virginiamama71:

its good you found all this out on the first date but would have been even better to know about it before you spent an hour drive to his home.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Ugh...tell me about it.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I'm kinda the opposite. I'd rather meet in person, the sooner the better. In the past I've done phone convos and texting for awhile before meeting, got to really liking the guys and then was totally disappointed in person. So I like to just jump to the meet in person stage and see what kind of vibe I get face to face.

Quoting Ridingsolo:

Agreed!  I always have about 2-3 phone conversations with someone before agreeing to meet.  You can get a pretty clear vibe after a few conversations over the phone.  I don't like texting too much, it's much harder to read the person's tone and sincerity.

And OP, that really does sound like a horrible day!!  Sorry.  :(

Quoting virginiamama71:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Next time say 1/2 way between your home and his. Surest bet to run in either direction.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I agree I made the mistake of going out there a few times won't do that again

Quoting brieri:

Next time say 1/2 way between your home and his. Surest bet to run in either direction.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Too many bad stories. I've been able to weed most of these duds out by the first phone call, saving me the time and annoyance of actually meeting them in person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Oh god. When I was single I met this guy. He asked me to meet him for a drink. I get there and he is tipsy. He didn't offer to buy me a drink so I just ordered myself one, and start thinking of ways to leave. He tries to put his arm around me. Um, no. He asks if I want a drink and I say sure and then he orders a round then looks at me to pay for mine AND his. So I smiled and paid, tipped really well, stood up, downed my drink and laughed at him REALLY LOUD and walked out. Haha!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)