Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Breakdown anyone! !

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 14 Replies
Do any of you other single moms have the occasional breakdown? As a single mom I know it's the hardest job a woman can have yet so fullfilling at the same time! But sometimes trying to juggle every part of single motherhood gets the best of me. There are so many roles I have to play but I'm only one person. So yes I breakdown occasionally sometimes only for a moment then I think about my baby & it gets better
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, and doesn't matter whether your married or not - breakdowns happen for the moment sometimes.  It's to regoup ourselves to make ourselves as moms the best we can be.

sunshine389142
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM

With the way this year has been, I need an outlet for my stress, but I am having difficulty figuring out what that is for me.  Crying seems fitting....but it takes a lot for me to let myself cry.  

My DD always makes me happy and I am so lucky, but there are many days that I have wanted to cry this year.  lol.  No worries!  I know everyone has their ups and downs though.  I am just in a down at the moment lol.

armyvet06
by Ashley on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Yes I get them every now and then
trystenMom3
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Crying does help just as long as I don't cry I'm front of my son bc that would male me feel worse... I think most of mine has a lot to do with loneliness

Quoting sunshine389142:

With the way this year has been, I need an outlet for my stress, but I am having difficulty figuring out what that is for me.  Crying seems fitting....but it takes a lot for me to let myself cry.  

My DD always makes me happy and I am so lucky, but there are many days that I have wanted to cry this year.  lol.  No worries!  I know everyone has their ups and downs though.  I am just in a down at the moment lol.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Yes! Usually when I'm in the shower after DS is in bed crying feels good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZipporahH
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I breakdown a lot lately and my doctor thinks I'm suffering from postpartum. Which I agree, I probably am. But, I love my baby and would do anything for him. It's just hard having to do everything yourself. 

Francess33
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, it's normal. I used to cry so much during my divorce but only because the XH was a complete jerk. I only wish I had known at the time that it was normal! If I had known that it was normal I may have even cried in front of my kids a time or two. I don't think it's a bad thing for them to see us as human rather than super human :) Hang in there, it does get better {{hugs}} 

mamer12812
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I think its good for all of us to have the once in a while break downs it might just be health only because you feel better after crying and screaming it all out while i do...

JerzyGurl81
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I have break downs. After all these years they are shorter and less often but they still happen. ((((Hugs))))
LilShamrock
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Hugs, we're all here for ya!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN