Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Anxiety gone overboard?!

Posted by   + Show Post

Everytime my kids go to vist their father my anxiety level is through the roof.He only gets them a few hoursat most once a week, he usually sees them once a month. I get so worked up inside I have made myself sick. The children have no clue as I keep it together and happily get them ready. My daughter gets excited. She is 4 and was able to establish a bond with her Dad before he took off. My son, 2, on the other hand gets confused and worried. He did not bond with his Dad and sees him as a person who comes then Mommy disappears. The visits are hard for him, he cries most of the time and when he returns he either passes out for hours or cries with his eyes shut tight and wont let me cradel or touch him. I usually sit in his room queitly singing his songs until he comes around. My daughter comes back with a rude tongue and she wont listen. The few hours she is with her Dad there are no rules She comes home and there are those rules again. I know they need to see their Dad but its so hard. How do I make it easier for my son? How do I stop freaking out,so I can enjoy the time I have on my own? How do I stop missing them hen they are gone? Is it normal that I feel like a fish out of water when my kids are not right by my side?

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Replies (11-11):
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM
It's normal to miss them, but it gets a lot easier as they get older. I got to where I sometimes looked forward to the break. Unfortunately, having them act different when they come back is normal too. Eventually they will learn how to make the transition without so many problems, but until then all you can do is be there to love and support them when they get home. While they're gone, take advantage of your free time and do something you can't do for yourself while they are hom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN