Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My breast hurt SO bad!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

So, I've been on the Depo for 6 months now, just got my 3rd shot on the 1st, but for the past almost month my breast's hurt SO bad I wanna cry!!!  They never hurt this bad when I was pregnant!!!

I took a pregnancy test before my last depo and it was negative.

I had the most HORENDIOUS period a couple days before that.

IDK what's going on with me!!!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
breebree04
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I never experienced that while I was on the depo but I do now with the pill. I sometimes skip my periods (dr recommended) and I found that if I skip a couple periods in a row and then have one, that following month my boobs will swell up and hurt so bad. Usually if I let myself have a period that month they will stop hurting. Idk if its extra hormones that does it or what. Hopefully they dont continue to hurt for the next 3 months until your next period.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Hi!  Welcome to the group.

No advice, but others here are of help.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Did you let extra time lapse between your shots to where you could have gotten pregnant and it was too early to tell the day you got the shot?  of course grandted your sexually active. 

CryMAd
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I've gotten all my shots on time, I am sexually active.  I've just never taken the Depo before, I always did the pill with no problems, I guess I'm just worried cause I'm 'Fertle Mertle!!'  I was on the pill for 10 years, and off for a month when I got prego.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Did you let extra time lapse between your shots to where you could have gotten pregnant and it was too early to tell the day you got the shot?  of course grandted your sexually active. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Take a test just to be sure.

Quoting CryMAd:

I've gotten all my shots on time, I am sexually active.  I've just never taken the Depo before, I always did the pill with no problems, I guess I'm just worried cause I'm 'Fertle Mertle!!'  I was on the pill for 10 years, and off for a month when I got prego.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yellownes8
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I've never had experience with depo but here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CryMAd
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM

LOL, I did take a test, that's why I'm so confused!!!  I just took a test last week, a couple of days after my period stopped, and a day before my depo!  I'm so confused, they hurt, BAD, like when you first start breast feeding and you can feel you glands working!  They've grown at least a cup size in the last month as well...

Ugh, so confusing!!!

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Take a test just to be sure.

Quoting CryMAd:

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Breast pain isn't unusual with any birth control, but I would think going up a cup is a little unusual. I would check with the Dr or his nurse to be sure there's not something going on.
CryMAd
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I did mention it to the nurse when I got my Depo, but it's Planned Parenthood so she didn't really care.  Just said that breast tenderness is normal, and I should stop having my period soon now that I'm this far into the shot process.  Sigh, I'm not a fan of PP, their care is minimal, but I'd rather do that than risk getting pregnant...

Quoting Robsessed98:

Breast pain isn't unusual with any birth control, but I would think going up a cup is a little unusual. I would check with the Dr or his nurse to be sure there's not something going on.

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Yea, I'm the opposite of a fan of PP, but that's for a different post lol. I would make an appt with a Gun, or your family Dr. if nothing else.

Quoting CryMAd:

I did mention it to the nurse when I got my Depo, but it's Planned Parenthood so she didn't really care.  Just said that breast tenderness is normal, and I should stop having my period soon now that I'm this far into the shot process.  Sigh, I'm not a fan of PP, their care is minimal, but I'd rather do that than risk getting pregnant...

Quoting Robsessed98:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN