Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Date night...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

How do you get a date night or night alone without kids? Do you have someone to watch them or do you just deal with it? I don't have anyone to keep my three daughters and it's hard sometimes but we deal with it of course. I do wish we could get a night alone every once in a while....

~ My World, My Life, My Everything ~ 
~ Hannah, Kayla, and Gracie ~ 

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brieri
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM

My b/f is willing to watch them for a percentage - whatever length of time you are going to be out on the date.  Even if it's all nighter..

Momof232
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I have amazing friends that will help me at anytime I'm in a pinch but it can be very hard. I also put the kids in bed by 8:00 so I have some alone time at night. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM

We don't get out often without the kids, if we do I have family watch them or a sitter.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
What's a date? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yellownes8
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Lol this...

Quoting LifeCafe42:

What's a date? Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yellownes8
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
You could always jut have someone come over after they go to bed...even if it's just sitting home and watching a movie I would still consider it a date.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NaviHope
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM

You have to get creative, it's tough I know.  If they are young and sleep soundly, you can have a date come over after they have gone to bed to just talk, maybe eat and watch a movie.  They also have a few kids night outs and drop in evening daycares you could look for in your city.  Lastly, you could use sitter.com and hire a sitter for dates once a month or so.  Good luck.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I do it when my sons at his dads. 

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
I was very lucky with both of mine. My parents kept them every Saturday night whether I went out or not and also any other time I needed. I don't remember ever having to hire a sitter other than when I was at work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)