Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

fever only at night... help!!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 9 Replies
I can't seem to get any answers on my 3 year old daughter.. My son had pink eye 3 weeks ago, it cleared up, however I guess we weren't sanitizing or washing things enough because my daughter got it. Hers was worse then his. Right away I took her to the doctor who gave her antibiotic drops for her eyes. It helped and went away. For a day. (yes I kept up with the drops to be safe) then it came back again and went away. The following morning she spiked a fever of 103.2. Then she'd sleep for about an additional hour and then wake up and go about her day with no fever. Her appetite has decreased too. This has been going on for a week now, and the last two days she's been coughing, today worse then yesterday. She coughs like she's trying to vomit. I've been making sure she's taking vitamins and vitamin c in particular, and she's been having honey with water. What is wrong with my baby?? My others have never gone thru with this.. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
yellownes8
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure...I would definitely call the doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I would make her another appointment with the dr. Sounds like she is sick now. My kids do this frequently when they are sick, they will get fevers only first thing in the morning or at night but be fine all through the day. My dd just got over a sinus infection and I had to leave her home from school for 3 days because she kept getting a fever only at night.

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Pink eye usually does not cause fevers. She has caught a bug. Keep her hydrated. Continue to give her gatorade. My Dr always tells me its not really the temp of the fever its how the child is acting. As long as she is eating, drinking, going pee, and not lethargic, and the fever stays below 104 she is probably ok. Keep her hydrated. You can alternate between childrens tylenol and motrin...you can give one every 2 hours they break down differently in the body. At night put a cold wash cloth on her forehead and keep up with the tylenol and motrin. I would put a call into her DR. Good luck and I hope she feels better.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

blowing candlesIt's single moms birthday.  Welcome to the group.  Not sure, contact her ped.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely follow up with her doctor.  I hope she gets to feeling better soon!!!

arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

how is your daughter feeling?

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Could be viral fevers can last up to 7 days cough up to 2 weeks.  If it's viral you have to treat symptoms antibiotics don't do anything.  Also with the winds and spring allergies have been crazy which could account for the red eyes and coughing.  Unfortunatly we aren't doctor and can't listen to her see her etc.  My best recommendation is to take her into the doctor and ask them questions.  

broncofan18
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Well it got pretty bad, so I took her in two nights ago, she had pneumonia :( we have her on stronger antibiotics, some steroids (that I'm not thrilled about) and she has an inhaler now. Cough is still pretty persistence but no more fever!! Yay! Hopefully the rest will all go away like before tomorrow!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you got her back to the doctor. Hope she is feeling better!

Quoting broncofan18:

Well it got pretty bad, so I took her in two nights ago, she had pneumonia :( we have her on stronger antibiotics, some steroids (that I'm not thrilled about) and she has an inhaler now. Cough is still pretty persistence but no more fever!! Yay! Hopefully the rest will all go away like before tomorrow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)