Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any mother in a similar relationship situation

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
I been in a long distance relationship for a yr with a single dad of one. We have a lot in common and we go places when he visits me. But of course with us in a long distance relationship its been hard. Especially trust. At the end of 2012, I stopped speaking to him for about a week or so after he claimed that I dont love him, because we havent spent time, and hes at the point where hes ready to settle down and have a family. So I told him if he feels that way to go ahead and move on because im not going to keep him from anything and at one time he said that he wait for me to earn a degree in nursing and it seems like what he said was a big lie and our children comes first before anything. Then he drops this bombshell on me saying that he's been talking to someone just conversation nothing serious for 2 months and that she knows about me. Til this day even though we made up, I still hold that grudge and I cant let it go. Life is too short for me to hold grudges and the only way for me is to talk about it to him. Has anybody ever been in a similar situation? My story may sound crazy and rediculous but I also need opinions.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Welcome to the group. LDRs are tough even without kids involved. Trust is in the top 3 must haves for any relationship, especially when you don't see each other much. Without trust, it will fail every time. You need to talk it all through with him, see where he's at with it now, and decide if you care enough to keep trying to make it work. If you do, you've got to forgive him for what he did, let it go and let him prove he's trustworthy. You'll never be really happy with him if you hang on to it and not trust him.
brieri
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

blowing candlesIt's single moms birthday.  Welcome to the group.  This is the reason, I do not fall for long distance relatonships - never work.   I'd just want a companion to go out with from time to time.   

krysjaden
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Thanks for the comments. @Robsessed98 and part of your comment about seeing where he is in the relationship was one thing I needed to hear because I forgot to mention wondering if he feels the same about this relationship or have doubts.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)