Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

The right guy - your thoughts on this??

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Absolutely. If its all about your looks, it isn't love.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I completely agree! 

Quoting Robsessed98:

Absolutely. If its all about your looks, it isn't love.

goodmama85
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I agree :)
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I don't know, still wondering.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Well, my ex went after me for my looks.  Not gonna lie.  He did fall for me eventually based on who I was on the inside.  Love comes after you are together.

a06z08mama
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM
My SO tells me he doesn't like all the make up and stuff. He loves me for me. Even all my craziness! He loved me at my non pregnant heaviest.and loves me now.
aidensmom0407
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Maybe. If you look at it the other way around.. I dated someone that at first I wasn't attracted to at all but he was persistent and a funny guy and when we got together we were together for 8 years.. And I fell totally in love with him after we started dating. He was a wonderful guy. On the other hand, I was attracted to DS' dad purely because of his looks once we started dating I started seeing how incompatible we were and what a douche he is. So yea, I don't think we should pursue people based on looks cuz the cute ones can be total db's and the not so cute ones can become beautiful once we give them a chance. Same should go for the guys but unfortunately they tend to be way more shallow.

Quoting steviechick:

Well, my ex went after me for my looks.  Not gonna lie.  He did fall for me eventually based on who I was on the inside.  Love comes after you are together.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM

True

mz23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Quoting a06z08mama:

My SO tells me he doesn't like all the make up and stuff. He loves me for me. Even all my craziness! He loved me at my non pregnant heaviest.and loves me now.

Guys always say that they don't want you to wear makeup or dress all dolled up. I wonder if its cause they dont want other guys looking at you lol.
a06z08mama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:56 AM
My guy likes it when I dress up. He just doesn't like tons of eyeliner and make up. He likes the more natural look.. he knows guys look at me when I am in scrubs and hairs a mess at work.

My ex didn't want me to wear certain things so guys didn't look. He was insecure. My new guy he loves showing me off. He is proud to walk next to me and hold my hand.

Quoting mz23:

Quoting a06z08mama:

Guys always say that they don't want you to wear makeup or dress all dolled up. I wonder if its cause they dont want other guys looking at you lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)