Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do the teens on 16 & pregnant act as if the pregnancy is cute?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
Then when the baby comes they are like WTH. Not criticizing them. I was the same way at 20/21. I want to avoid my kids thinking pregnancy is cute & babies are born wiping their own butts & feeding themselves. How are you moms going about teaching your kids what having a baby really is?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Andrewsmom70
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Until tv shows stop glamorizing it and paying the teens to be on the shows, this mess will continue. That's one reason I refuse to watch that crap.
brieri
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM

My kids are far past that age, but even in adulthood, I can't see them with babies right now.  It would totatlly break my heart when they haven't talked to me about the birds and bees.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Watching that show proved to my son they would never want to be a preg teen or a teen dad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I hate it the show glamorizes.  I don't know what I will do but i'll have to figure out something 10 more years until teenhood...

mz23
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Pregnancy is cute!! Idk id take her around my friends who have babies, let her babysit when she gets older.
aidensmom0407
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Ugh!! I can't stand that show... Because of it I think some of those girls have gotten worse (I.e., amber, Farrah). There's other ways to bring to light the trials tribulations of teen pregnancy than glamorizing it.
MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I watched the very FIRST season of Teen Mom which featured Macy, Amber, Farrah and Caitlyn...Farrah got on my nerves, Amber had issues...Macy kept waiting for the ex boyfriend to grow up and Caitlyn showed (at least to me) that giving your baby up for adoption knowing its what is absolutely BEST for the child...is the hardest decision she ever had to make at that stage in her life.

As for me...I'll be as open, honest and frank with my sons as my parents were with me. I was 36 by the time I had my first child. Call me old fashioned but I wanted it to be because of being a WIFE that I became a MOTHER. Make sense?

mrsary
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Pregnancy is very cute... until the baby arrives & reality hits! Lol.

Quoting mz23:

Pregnancy is cute!! Idk id take her around my friends who have babies, let her babysit when she gets older.

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM
DD1 knew how it really is bc she had teen friends with babies. She was 19 when she had ds1. DD2 watched all the tv shows, but knew the reality of it by being with dd1 so much. Good thing she did, bc thanks to bc failure, she is 17 with a 5 mo ds. She must have been taking notes, bc she's been a great mom from the day she found out she was pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)