Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is anyone else trying to quit?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
Is anyone else trying to quit smoking? I have decided that I am going to quit and it is going to work this time. My daughter is nearly four and has figured out what smoking is (yes, I know this is my fault). Any time that I go out side (i DO NOT smoke inside) she asks me if im going to smoke and no four year old should even know what smoking is. I have to do this not only for her but for me too. Im looking for someone else that may be trying to quit that wants to be like a support buddy if you will. Also, any advice or support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
brieri
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Been there and done that it's been some years now- after seeing a commercial on tv that I just can't stand to watch,gotta close my eyes (shut tight).  i feel so much better breathing, and don't smell the smoke on my breath or clothing.  uggghhh. 

AWsMomma
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Hi,

Good for you. I started smoking again exactly a year ago this month, the day I filed for divorce, my daughter also is aware of me smoking and I hate it. I'm not ready to quit yet, but I will cheer you on!!! You can do it. I quit for 11 years before last year. 

tottaxi
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I quit when I became pregnant with DS...now five.  It makes such a difference in the way I feel.

My ex smokes.  DS has developed upper respiratory issues because of it.  My SO's bm smokes and it has contributed to DD2 ear infections and now must use a nebulizer.  Both kids stink when they come home from those parents.  It's not fair to the kids to be sent to school smelling like an ashtray.

If you can't quit for yourself, quit for your daughter.  Risking her health is not worth the moment of pleasure you get from smoking.  I am so glad I did.  And that doesn't even take into consideration the $$$$ I have saved!!!!

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Good luck! They say you can't quit until you have your mind set. Sounds like you have the right motivation. Guess I just haven't found mine yet... Some day...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I stopped buying it was tough at first but I did it.  Slowly i cut out 1 at a time until I would only smoke after he went to bed so I started showering right after and going to bed.  It worked.  I still get cravings (especially if I have a few drinks) but I can usually get by without going too crazy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)