Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM
  • 22 Replies

So I have been dieting and working out for about 2 months now.  I have noticed a drastic difference in myself.  I went one notch tighter on my belt and am using the middle hooks on my bra now instead of the last one.  My face is thinner and people are commenting.  

Anyway, I went to the Dr this morning and got weighed.  I dont weigh myself at home so I was curious to see how much I'd lost since the last time I was in.  I weigh EXACTLY THE SAME..  Ugh.  I know I have been working out hard core and gaining lost of muscle, but I was at least hoping to see the scale move a little.  

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't worry about the scale. I've known women who weigh more than when they started bc of muscle. Keep working. You're doing great.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Don't pay as much attention to the scale as you do the fit of your clothes and how you feel.  The scale will come with time.

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Congrats on getting into better shape!  Losing weight can be really hard unless you cut out a lot of calories.  You are working out harder, so your body is probably holding onto the weight to give you energy.  Toned is most important, and it sounds like you've been getting more muscle.   

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Yeah I have drastically cut calories as well.  I think its just like you all said, im gaining muscle in place of the fat Im burning.  

Quoting Ridingsolo:

Congrats on getting into better shape!  Losing weight can be really hard unless you cut out a lot of calories.  You are working out harder, so your body is probably holding onto the weight to give you energy.  Toned is most important, and it sounds like you've been getting more muscle.   

jaybabe28
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Muscle weighs more then fat and you have hit the point where you have lost the fat and are replacing it with the muscle. It's a good chance you might have a number increase. Forget the number how you look is what matters. You sound like you are proud of your accomplishment and your new body. That's what matters. The number isn't worth worrying over
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:48 PM

It sounds like you're getting smaller and building muscle.  Don't stress about the scale, those things lie!  lol

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:48 PM

How low have you cut your calories?  If you cut too low, your body will fight back and slow your metabolism, making weight loss really hard.

I love my ice cream too much, haha, but whenever I am trying to lose a little weight, I usually alternate having some days super low calories, and other days a normal calorie level.  This way my metabolism stays quick, but the weight still comes off quickly too. 

Quoting Stephd710:

Yeah I have drastically cut calories as well.  I think its just like you all said, im gaining muscle in place of the fat Im burning.  

Quoting Ridingsolo:

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I do not want to be told my weight at the Dr. I hate it.

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I think it DID lie!  LMAO!  I was weighed with my shoes and clothes on, then when she left the room and i was getting dressed again, i weighed in just my undies and it was 5lbs less.  I dont think my clothes weigh 5lbs,.  LOL!  It was a digital, they can be wonky.  

Quoting amonkeymom:

It sounds like you're getting smaller and building muscle.  Don't stress about the scale, those things lie!  lol

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM

They just got new digital ones in the rooms that you step on so I had to look :/

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

I do not want to be told my weight at the Dr. I hate it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)