Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

You know you're a single mom when...

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  • 75 Replies

girl giving flower

Let's hear it, how do you know you're a single mom?

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof232
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
When ur the only one at ur kid's school conferences. When ur son looks at u and say's "why doesn't dad want to spend any time with me and sister?"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:45 PM
5 moms liked this
When you can multitask better then a career waitress, or the highest paid ceo.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauraash06
by Ashley on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:50 PM
6 moms liked this
When you look at people like they are crazy, BC they think you're crazy for making,75$ stretch for groceries :-)
When you get too go out to a party for the first time in over a year and end up leaving at 1045pm BC your feet hurt from heels, you have to pick a baby up, and your sleepy.....then still brag for a week that you got to stay out late with out a kid :D
And my personal favorite.....being excited that you're off randomly on a Thursday BC one kid week be at school, the baby will be at his sitters, and you get to run errands all by yourself!!!!!!!!!!
jaybabe28
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:28 PM
6 moms liked this
.....textbooks are scribbled on
.....there are toys in your purse
.....almost every movie you own is a cartoon or the child's favorites
And
...... You become the most selfish person in the world for only doing good for yourself to give your best and your everything for your child/children.
Tsmommy106
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm the only single mom in my sons class. There is one other couple that is divorced but mom is remarried & dad is pretty involved. I realized I'm a very single mom when I went to dinner with my son at a friends house & the mom told her son he had to ask dad if he could do something. The only time my son asks his daddy anything is for money.
I never go out. When my son does stay over at his dads, which is rarely, I'm so excited to be alone & I usually get things done & go to bed early & sleep in a little. I don't really have friends to go out with anyways. They couldn't handle me being a mom 24/7.
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:06 PM
2 moms liked this
When you have to ask your own dad to take dd to a father/daughter dance. That's seriously the first and only time being a single mom ever bothered me.
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:14 PM
2 moms liked this

When the kids constantly say "Mom, when is dad coming to get us?".

MommysTimeOut5
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this

when I am at the doctor's or any appointments and my dd father cannot give any information about OUR child including weight or what her favorite food is. SO SAD

KPBMom
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this

When you have food poisoning and are simultaneously sitting on the toilet and barfing into a garbage can and your dd still wants your help.

victoriangavin
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM
11 moms liked this
When you ponder getting yourself a pair of shoes for a week, get them, and then spend the next week pondering taking them back because you feel bad for doing something for yourself
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)