Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Baby Fever.... it's completely nuts!!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
I have baby fever sooo bad!!! I want a baby so bad, like right now!!! But it's completely nuts!!!! I live with my "bf" but we have a horrible relationship. He fucks up at least once a week. We are always fighting. My son doesn't like him either. We're stuck till Aug when the lease is up. My son is begging to move. I have already told my "bf" that I was moving come Aug b/c I knew he wouldn't sign the papers to let me move earlier. He totally freaked out & started sucking up. No matter. I'm moving.
Anyways.... I'm in school & have 2 years left. I work as a nanny and I'm not completely sure how I'll make it financially on my own but I've managed to pay the last 2 months rent on my own in full plus my bills. The "bf" still hasn't paid me back & I'm doubtif he will, POS.
I'm trying to stay civil so there won't be fights infront of my son. To the "bf" we're together & working on stuff & he loves me so much, yada yada yada. If I have sex with him, it's pretty much to not have a fight or to fix that urge.
But I want a baby!!! I keep having dreams that I'm preg with a little girl. In my dream I still move out & raise her on my own & life is peachy. I have names picked out. I know it is completely nuts! I'm not actually trying for one or calculating this or that. But u do really want one. My son is 7 & so big. He wants a baby too & gets sad if I say he maybe an only child. I'm almost 30 & really thought my life would be different & I'd have a few kids & would be done by like 30. But I'm not.
I want a baby!!!! Nuts right?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MommysTimeOut5
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Not alone there. It seems like everyone around me are having babies and my daughter is 6. I fight the urge because I know I need a father who is not a drive by daddy like her dad is. You just have to keep telling yourself in time and enjoy watching other children who you can give back to the parents. 

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM
No, not nuts, normal. I got the fever every once in a while for years. I found a permanent solution to it 8 mos ago when I moved my dd and her 4&5 yo ADHD boys in.
chirpymama87
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Baby fever usually occurs when a woman is desperate for a love unconditional. Please, do not get pregnant with the man you're with. It'll only hurt the kids.
yellownes8
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Baby fever happens but you need to be realistic and keep reminding yourself that you should not be having a baby right now!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tsmommy106
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I'm NOT trying to have a baby with him!!!! I know what is not what I need right now & it wouldn't be fair to a baby. I hate seeing my son not seeing his dad that much. I hate how my "bf" never sees his kids & makes up so many BS excuse to not see them. It's so sad. I know if I had a baby I'd be doing it completely alone. I already have my son to raise alone.

Quoting chirpymama87:

Baby fever usually occurs when a woman is desperate for a love unconditional. Please, do not get pregnant with the man you're with. It'll only hurt the kids.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Add up all the costs of newborn childcare, diapers, formula, furniture, car seat, stroller, etc etc etc and the urge will pass. 

Tsmommy106
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Lol
Sleepless nights, colic,
I know what I'd be in for. I still just want another baby of my own. My sons getting so big & independent, I want a little one.

Quoting krisnkids:

Add up all the costs of newborn childcare, diapers, formula, furniture, car seat, stroller, etc etc etc and the urge will pass. 

lydi
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I am having baby fever also.  I am 30, dd is almost 8 and wants a sibling.  My brother and sister in law are having a 3rd (which I am pumped about i cannot wait) once that baby comes i am going to want another child even more. but i am trying to be patient and find the right man.  It also doesnt help that i work in a toy store and am surrounded by babies and kids lol.  I always wanted to be done having kids by 30, but things change and now my plans have too.  Now i want to be done by 37.  That gives me 7 more years and i feel good about it.  You are not nuts you just want another child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN