Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

One Stressed Out Momma

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:18 AM
  • 7 Replies
Im at a loss witb my daughter, she is 4 years old. the last two months she has had a horrible attitude she has been talking back fo me and just flat out not listening, i tell her no she sneaks and does it anyway, i tell her to hold my hand when we are walking she runs way. Ive been doing time outs taking toys away tried talking to her, putting her to bed. I dont know what else to do.. its so hard to not lose my temper when she tells me to be quiet or screams and runs away. anyone have any ideas im at a total loss. HELP!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Elba721
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:58 AM

oh i know how you feel. I have a 7 yr old boy and 4 yr old girl. both of my kids act the same way. i assume its bc their father still lives w us and is "super dad" lately. he buys them everything and is fun. where i am the one who cooks cleans does hw and makes them take a bath...i know ,,so mean...lol

im hoping you both you and i that this is a phase. keep structure and be consistant. ive decided to choose my battles w them. if you dont like dinner,,dont eat. if you dont want to wear pjs to bed..dont. if you dont want to take a bath,,then stink and let the bugs crawl into your hair (kidding) cry your eyes out,,youre taking a bath.

so try to pick your battles,,,keep her safe. im here if you want to talk.

where do you live...we can make a playdate when its nice and meet at a park.

barbara

yellownes8
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I'm sorry I know how you feel...my 3 year old is the same way! She's constantly fighting with my 2 year old and 11 month old. When I tell her to stop she just yells at me or gives me an attitude. I'm hoping it's just a phase. All you can do is just try to stay consistent with discipline.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Watch a few episodes of Supernanny or other similar shows. Time outs are the key to 4 year olds, but in order for them to work you must be consistent.

steviechick
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I would just continue with discipline.  Your will to control their bad behavior wins in the end.  It's the inbetween time and the will of your child to battle.  In time you win.  Just be patient.

leianahs-momma
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:24 AM
thanks guys. this phase has been going on long enough it seemed to start around the time leianah seen my sisters belly get big and realized there was a baby coming and she wouldnt be her aunt channys only baby anymore. im in Toronto barbara
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Oh, don't they love to tease mom!  Be stern with her everytime she disrespects you and let her know you are the one in charge.   Sometimes, you gotta let her be boss and you be the child.

camommy08
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM

my daughter doing the same. I think they are just coming more and more into their own. I just keep teaching her that her behavior is rude and that she needs to listen and not give me atttitude. I think the best thing to do is not cave in but  sounds to me that you arent. It may take awhle esp if your dd as stubborn as mine. good luck. i feel ya.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN