Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Long distance relationship..

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:20 AM
  • 9 Replies

He lives 6 hours away.  We met while he was working in my area and just connected.  We spent a long time texting, talking, and just hanging out when I didn't have my daughter.  At some point is got serious and he met my daughter, she's 4.  He now stays here when he visits, and we stay with him when we go that way.  She LOVES him.

What's intriguing me tonight is her.  Sometime we wont see him for a month, but she always knows he'll be back.  She talks about him sometimes, she even had a dream about him last night. 

It's like it doesn't even cross her mind that he may someday just never come back... 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Thats bc it doesn't cross her mind. She's too young to understand that kind of thing. Is there any possibility of either of you moving closer or are you ok with the distance?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM

She's too young to fully understand relationships and how they work.  Long distant relationships can be shaky at best.  She's starting to think he's more like a father figure.  If you are serious about this relationship perhaps you could move closer to him.  How long have you known this guy?   Be cautious though.

CryMAd
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Yeah, we haven't figured out just what we plan to do yet.  He's finishing up his divorce and going to school, I have the whole Parenting Plan thing to work around and I own my home.  So we still need to figure out who's going where, but we are gonna work on getting the other stuff wrapped up first.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Thats bc it doesn't cross her mind. She's too young to understand that kind of thing. Is there any possibility of either of you moving closer or are you ok with the distance?

CryMAd
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM

We met about 8 months ago and have been seeing eachother for almost 6 month.

Quoting steviechick:

She's too young to fully understand relationships and how they work.  Long distant relationships can be shaky at best.  She's starting to think he's more like a father figure.  If you are serious about this relationship perhaps you could move closer to him.  How long have you known this guy?   Be cautious though.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Quoting CryMAd:

He's finishing up his divorce and going to school. 

What?  

BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Why do you feel he will never come back? I hope this works out for you all. Children are innocent it's amazing how their mind works they are so cute with what they say :)

KRIZZ25
motherhood is not a race..u can't outdo one another..u go go ur own speed.
Yesterday at 2:56 AM
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM
I HAVE NEVER HAD LUCK WTH LONG DISTANCE ROMANCES..
CryMAd
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Because it would be easier to just call it quit's and start over with someone closer to home...

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Why do you feel he will never come back? I hope this works out for you all. Children are innocent it's amazing how their mind works they are so cute with what they say :)

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)